Factory reset for DSC Impassa Z wave controller

I have Kwikset locks that were working and then stopped. I factory reset the locks and performed the remove device procedure on the Impassa but the locks are still showing up on the alarm.com app and still do not respond. The Impassa has a factory reset for zwave option but when activated it continuously displays “wait”. Anyone know how to reset the entire device? The locks perform as they should with the exception of the interaction with the z wave controller.

How far away from the panel was the lock when the Remove Device function was used?

The Remove Device (sometimes Clear Device or Exclude) function not only clears it from the panel, but clears the network data saved in the lock.

To successfully perform a Remove (or Add) Device on most Z-wave locks, the lock and controller should be within 6 feet of one another. This proximity is required. At farther distances the possibility of errors and failure is very high.

In some cases, the lock may have its data cleared and the panel doesn’t clear, or vice-versa.

A phantom instance of the lock in Alarm.com is a possible result, and the only way to reliably clear that is to delete the device from the panel within 6 feet, then wait about 5 minutes. Does the phantom instance of the lock get cleared in ADC?

If not, keep the lock powered off and not included on the panel, and let us know the phantom node’s ID or name, and we can send a remote deletion command. Typically these commands can only succeed if the device is powered off and cannot communicate with the panel at all.

(by the way, I do see a separate message to our team where you have asked us to delete the node. I’ve sent that command, but it will possibly fail if that lock is added to the panel and powered up.)