Extended Power Outage GC2

Like many in Sonoma County, I had an extended power outage at my home. The 2GC worked well, until the back up battery failed after the first 24 hours. I understand that system design dictates back up duration and I am OK with that. I may have to rig some form of back up just for the 2GC since Areas with no power are opportunities for crime.

What I was not expecting was to lose my automation, specifically it looks like I lost all Z Wave controlled lights. They do not even show up as devices on Alarm.com. The Rules for them still exist but toggle for them is “grayed” out. I have not looked at the panel directly to see if they appear there. Am I going to need to re-input these devices or does Alarm.com have some restore function? Will this always be an issue with Z Wave?

The panel should not erase Z-wave devices/reset the Z-wave controller when powered down. This does not normally happen on any panel. It is however a very rare known issue with total power loss on the GC2 panel specifically (or possibly surges) where it appears the Z-wave controller is reset. I’m sorry to hear this occurred on your panel.

Usually we see this on much older firmware, though I think we’ve seen at least one other instance of this on 1.17 firmware. You’ll want to verify, but there would be no Z-wave devices connected in the panel list.

There is no way to restore a Z-wave device equipment list at this time. Z-wave devices must be synced locally at the panel in order to work, and in this case all the devices will need to have their parent network cleared before they can be reused. Each individual device saves parent network data.

For each device use Remove Device on the panel, then tap the learn button on the device (or perform normal pair steps). The panel will clear the network data in the device, then you can Add it again.

There are no devices shown in the device list except PC Controller. I will follow your instructions and restore. Thank you!