Extend control unit range to sensors

I have a 300 year old house with 2 foot think stone walls. I’ve had a 2gig system for many years and it has worked fine although the farthest window Sensors loose connection often. We are now adding an addition that will require new door, window and smoke detectors be added to my system and the distance/interferences will be greater. What options do I have to make sure I get robust connection between base unit and these new sensors? Can I daisychain base units, are there range extenders or transponders for this?
The new space will have CAT6 if that can be used in some way

What you would need is an RF signal repeater. The RE524X is a universal repeater/translator that can be set to repeat 345Mhz signals the 2GIG sensors use.

The only caveat there is that it will not repeat life safety devices like smoke and CO.

Thanks for the quick reply Jason. So no way to extend smoke’s? are there longer range smoke sensors that are compatible?

Another option is that I install wired smoke detectors. Can I then add those to a 2gig system so that they can all be monitored by my Alarm.com contract?

If you install AC interconnected smoke detectors, the detector closest to the system can be monitored by the Firefighter audio detector. That would allow you to send a signal to the panel when any of the interconnected smokes go off (because all would sound).

There are no wireless models with greater inherent range that are compatible with 2GIG.

Another option would be to try to better centralize the alarm panel, which may help if it is currently pretty far to one side of the house.

Finally, you could replace the alarm panel with a 345Mhz version of the IQ Panel 2+, which would support your existing 345Mhz sensors, as well as PowerG sensors. PowerG sensors have roughly 4-5 times the effective range as 2GIG 345 sensors.

Got it. thanks. Can you let me know the exact model # IQ panel 2+ for both 345MHz and PowerG support. That may be the best way to go.

You can use this link to find just the panel in our store. If you buy it from us you would receive a free month of service for your subscription.

If looking elsewhere, you would be looking for the QS9201-5208-840

hi Jason,
I purchased the IQ 2+ panel and it is installed. Can you make sure I get the 1 month monitoring credit? thanks

Also, I am not able to get the Smart Gateway to install on Alarm.com/addcamera/ I put in the MAC address and it says that feature is not supported by my account.
I am trying to add 2 gateways and a video camera all from Surety/Alarm.com

Do you have a video plan add on enabled on your account? This would be necessary to use that page and the add video device tools.

Are you able to add the camera itself? Or are you seeing issues adding it as well?

(the service credit is indeed added)

I added a 1 camera option ($3/month) to the plan but when i put the MAC address in it says i am not authorised to make that change?? I have not tried to add a camera yet. Just trying to get the Gateway setup first so that i have a dedicated Alarm wifi.

I can give you the MAC addresses if that is easiest

You can send the MAC via private message, however based on the error response it may be that the device is not responding.

Do you have the Gateway powered and connected to your router?

Sorry for the delay I was traveling yesterday. The devices are both plugged in and are working as they show up on my router network list…

lights are solid green except wifi light which is off and tx/rx light which is flashing