Existing at@t Home security system --Resuse Sensors

Recently I bought a house. Previous owner had At@t security system since 2014. Can I re use sensors that are on windows and doors. Can someone please explain me what needs to be done.

This would depend on the model of devices and whether or not they utilize one of the common security frequencies which could be translated by the RE524X.

What is the model number and FCCID on one of the door sensors? This should be listed on the product sticker.

As we do not use those sensors we cannot guarantee functionality, but based on prior research at least some models appear to be 433 mhz. (DSC uses this band) This may be functional with the RE524X as long as they aren’t encrypted. If they function with the RE524X you could use any wireless panel type compatible with Alarm.com.

Unfortunately as we do not use those sensors and haven’t had definitive feedback there would be some testing involved.

You could also try with a panel that natively communicates with DSC, like the Impassa or DSC Touch.

However, before getting too far, be sure to check the Model and FCCID of the sensors.