Existing 2GIG System Questions

I am having an issue with false alarms on my garage door sensor. What could be wrong?

Do you have instructions on how to add a TS1 to my 2GIG Panel as well?

I am having an issue with false alarms on my garage door sensor. What could be wrong?

Happy to help! We would need some more information in order to best assist:

What model of sensor is it?
Is this the overhead garage door or a man entry door?
Is the problem related to the sensor triggering alarms when no one opens it? Or do these false alarms occur from individuals entering through the door?

Do you have instructions on how to add a TS1 to my 2GIG Panel as well?

Certainly. You can find the TS1 here. Note that if you do not already have one, the TS1 requires a 900Mhz transceiver to be installed in the panel. The 900Mhz transceiver is not in the panel by default.

This video shows installation of the transceiver, and this video shows how to pair the TS1 with your system.

I’m not sure how to find out what model sensor it is. We bought the house with the alarm system installed so I’m not that familiar with the details of the products. The garage door is an entry door. The sensor is triggering the alarm when no one opens the door.

Issues like this can occur for a number of reasons:

• The magnet and sensor are not aligned properly (too far apart)
  • Low battery affecting sensor function
  • Environmental issues

To better assist you, can you take a picture of the sensor as it is mounted on the door (with the door closed) and upload it here?