Ex-Vivint and Slomins Customer Need new System

Hello All,

I previously had slomins alarm system and then changed to Vivint but changed my mind after I read all the bad reviews. I cancelled within the 3-day trial period. I am in the market for a new alarm system like something from suretyCAM. Vivint took all their stuff back but left the wiring which will make it easy to install everything.

I have a small house but I am looking to incorporate the motion sensors and door sensors I have. And I would like to add outdoor cameras, smart door locks and if possible the door bell camera like Vivint.

I don’t need temperature or appliance monitoring.

Looking to get something right away. Please let me know what to get.

Thanks!

If you like 2GIG hardware (what your most recent company uses) The Go!Control panel would be a good choice. Make sure to use the coverage check tool to determine best communications module to use.

On the store pages of suretyDIY, you can filter equipment by the primary control panel. Select 2GIG from the drop down menu on the right under “Panel Compatibility” to filter out other equipment. Door/window, motion, door locks, video camera options are all available there. All parts are a la carte. All parts and service plan are ordered online.

Monthly service plan info can be found here.

Currently there are no doorbell camera options for Alarm.com service, but it is being actively pursued.

Ok I have everything I believe I need to do this install.

I would like to know there’s 2 pair of wires coming in from the wall at the original panel location. There’s red/green and black/white wires. I need to know which tab they connect into. I have 8 options:

1. 14VDC Power Input (+)
  2. 14VDC Power Input (-)
  3. Ground
  4. Open Collector Input
  5. Bell (+)
  6. Bell (-)
  7. Hardware loop 1
  8. Hardware loop 2

Again these wires are twisted together so when the Vivint panel was installed they were tied together and inserted somewhere in those 8 tabs.

Please let me know thanks!

I would like to know there’s 2 pair of wires coming in from the wall at the original panel location

Something you need to figure out on your own. I suggest you go find where the 2GIG 14v power transformer used to be plugged in, and determine which wires are which. Observe polarity (usually red +, black -). Connect to panel terminal 1 and 2.

The other set of wires could be anything (or nothing if it is something like 18/4 unshielded which may only be using red and black)

18/4

You’ll need to connect wires into 14VDC Power Input (+) and 14VDC Power Input (-). You can ignore the rest of the input terminals. Which colored wires you connected completely depends in how you have the transformer wired at the other end. Just make sure use the same color for + and - at each end. This might help…

2GIG wiring

The common convention is to use red for (+) and black for (-).

Ok got that straightened out and the panel has powered up. Now how do I program the existing door and motion sensors. I tried programming them by following the instructions but nothing is working.

I have 2 door sensors and 2 motion sensors that are wired. There’s a panel downstairs in the basement where all these wires run to. Vivint somehow got them all integrated so I’m pretty sure I’m doing something wrong.

Also I purchased the z wave compatible door lock. When I try to program it, the panel says zwave feature not activated see installer.

Is this panel compatible with wifi? I thought I can arm disarm with my phone.

Is this panel compatible with wifi? I thought I can arm disarm with my phone.

The panel uses cellular communication for alarm.com remote interactive services. You can also enable broadband internet connectivity with the Bridge. To disarm with your phone, you need to have an active alarm.com service plan on the cellular module (and have successfully completed a cell phone test on the panel). then simply download the alarm.com app, or go to Customer Login and sign into your ADC account.

Also I purchased the z wave compatible door lock. When I try to program it, the panel says zwave feature not activated see installer

You need to optimize your programming Q’s to enable zwave options and other features.
see: Using panel previously locked out - Support - Surety Support Forum

Generally you want to configure the following zwave options:

Q80(1) enabled switches/lights
Q81(1) enabled thermostats
Q82(1) enabled door locks
Q84(0) services require code (disabled)
Q85(1) master user zwave toolbox access (zwave device install)
Q88(0) zwave siren mode (burglary and fire)
Q90(2) enabled zwave energy feature/metering

Now how do I program the existing door and motion sensors...I have 2 door sensors and 2 motion sensors that are wired.

Do you have a 2GIG-TAKE? you will need a takeover module to convert and program the wired sensors to the panel. Once you have them wired into the TAKE, then you must program the zones to the panel.

Program your takeover module zones. Choose a Sensor Type appropriate to the zone. (Interior Follower for motion detectors, Entry Exit for entry doors, etc.)

– Equipment Type will be 2GIG Takeover Module.
– Sensor serial ID will be the following:
Zone 1: Seven digit TX ID on Takeover Module label (always ends in 1).
Zone 2: Same first 6 digits, end with “2”
Zone 3: Same first 6 digits, end with “3”
Zone 4: Same first 6 digits, end with “4”
Zone 5: Same first 6 digits, end with “5”
Zone 6: Same first 6 digits, end with “6”
Zone 7: Same first 6 digits, end with “7”
Zone 8: Same first 6 digits, end with “8″

– Loop will always be 1 for takeover module zones.
– Select a voice descriptor.
– Enable reports and supervision.
– Choose whether or not that zone should chime