Errors in Alarm.Com

I am seeing these errors on the website:

1. Malfunction (shade remote). This is a remote for our zwave shades that was added as an additional controller. The remote broke and was replaced and the new one was added again. The remote works as expected, but I cannot get this error to clear.

2. Device Battery Low (shade remote). Same device as above.

For these two errors, I have tried to “remove device” and “re add the device” and this process works as expected, but the error never clears. The node number is 45.

Thank you for any assistance you can provide. Just FYI, the shade remote is working as expected.

That device node in Alarm.com for the Shade Remote does not look like it has been deleted and relearned recently. That node 45 shows an installation date of 6/20/22. The node should show the date it was relearned.

Can you try deleting that node again, then let us know when completed (before relearning the device)?

We can check to be sure that node id is cleared in ADC first.

OK. I removed it and the shade remote node is not going away. That must be the old one that broke and the one that I have is a new one that they gave me to replace it. How do I remove the device if I don’t have it to do removed device?

We can send a command to try and clear it remotely if it is not powered/present.

There are cases where this can fail, including if the device is still present and powered. I’ve sent that command over now. Allow a few minutes for that to process.

Shade Remote is still here

On your panel under Settings > Smart Home Settings, try running a “Check Network” and see if the panel prompts you to delete that failed node.

The network check may take several minutes.

Hey hey. I know it’s been a while since ive played with this… I still cannot get node 45 to go away. I tried check network… ive tried to remove it… ive tried everything short of resetting the entire zwave and starting fresh. I really don’t want to do that.

Try power cycling your panel, then run a check network. After that, let me know and I can try resending that command.

No luck. Go ahead and try. I am about to just reset the entire panel and reprogram from scratch but I really dont want to :frowning:

I sent another command to clear that node. It doesn’t look like it was successful.

Just to clarify, you would just need to reset the Z-wave controller, not factory reset the panel, but it would require running a remove device then add device on each Z-wave device after the reset.