Energy use not updating on alarm.com

Greetings Everyone,

I installed a Aeon Labs ZW078-A,White,V3.26,US,AL001 Zw078-A Z-Wave Heavy Duty Smart Energy Appliance Switch to control my hot water heater. The Aeon unit was installed and synced with my Simon XTI panel with no issues.

The Aeon has the capabilities to report energy use. When I am logged in to my alarm.com profile and click on emPower -> Energy, I do see the controler with tabs to the left with the options to click on Usage, Goals, and Settings & Bill Information.

Issue #1: Energy usage is not being updated. Any ideas or suggestions?
Issue #2: When I click on Settings & BIll Information in the emPower -> Energy, there is only an option for one electric provider, which is not my provider. Do I need to setup my energy provider first to get updates on energy usage from the Aeon unit? If so, how do I setup my energy provider when mine is not listed and selecting “other” does nothing.

Thank you in advance for all and all help!

Issue #1: Energy usage is not being updated. Any ideas or suggestions?

Are you a current suretyDIY subscriber? Smart Energy Management is an Add-On feature and you will want to make sure you add this to your account. If you are not a suretyDIY subscriber, contact your provider to make sure this is active.

Issue #2: When I click on Settings & BIll Information in the emPower -> Energy, there is only an option for one electric provider, which is not my provider. Do I need to setup my energy provider first to get updates on energy usage from the Aeon unit? If so, how do I setup my energy provider when mine is not listed and selecting “other” does nothing.

These options are for the Green Button Integration. You can read about Green Button here. Not all providers will be available, but if you feel that your provider would be able to be included, contact your alarm service provider and let them know. They can then forward the info to Alarm.com.

Thank you for the response! I am an alarm.com customer, and I called to get the feature turned on.

The unit is updating and reporting. I am also able to upload my energy data from Green Button.

Have a great day!

Paul