Energy Usage

Ok…removed Solar and added it back…

under what email should I create the acct?

Thanks,
Felipe.

You can use customerservice@suretyDIY.com

After creating, you can send us an email with the username.

We can look into this with ADC and troubleshoot exactly what you are seeing.

Created it the user is surety and you will receive an email with a temporary pw.

BTW the energy tab reverted to the non solar one…can you configure the solar panels as a generator…hopefully the history will show this time.

thanks

Thank you, and the solar meter has been set as a generator.

Thanks Jason,

I still don’t see values…the weird thing is that values are visible on the ios app for the Solar Meter…but not in the web Solar Section

Alright, I am updating ADC on that. It is strange the values wouldn’t be seen in the web but on the app. I believe some updates and troubleshooting was being done regarding the other issues you have brought up, so we will go over those and see if the culprit is on the back end.

Can you provide the model of phone you are using and the OS version?

Both myself and ADC see all devices in the App legend.

And you should now see solar values on the web, and not the app. It looks like solar reporting to the app is treated differently than the web based on a settings option for generators. Should be a pretty easy fix.

iPhone 6 Plus…running IOS 9…just checked and still only three. How do you see more? you click on the legend and takes the entire screen? or scrolls automatically?

Yay…Solar looks great again…thanks

I assume that future releases of the app will show the solar information…and, it would be great for the app to have some IOS widgets…Alarm/Disarm/Unlock door and open/close garage come to mind.

A new update for the latest IOS is actually releasing soon. I’m on Android and the whole page fills when clicking the legend. Can you scroll?

just shows the first 3 lines…and is not responsive to touch (other than the close arrow)

A new update corresponding to the newest IOS will be released in short order. We’ve discussed the legend issue with ADC so I believe it should be incorporated into that update.

Hi Jason,

Sadly the update did not fix the problem…I guess they were not able to fix it for this release…will wait for the next one.

That was quicker than I expected the update.

Hi Jason,

Any update about those inflated values I see occasionally on some meters … is ADC working on a tool to edit/remove those values. They are not very common (2 -4 times a month) but they make all the aggregate information a little bit useless.

Thanks,
Felipe

At last update with Alarm.com, I had a conversation with a dev team member regarding the issue and other suggestions that came about from our troubleshooting. They were looking into the exaggerated values. I have not heard a confirmation on when back-end updates may be applied, but I am under the impression any energy meter changes regarding Solar systems will likely be applied in a scheduled update.

I believe the intention was to fix the exaggerated data reports, rather than creating a tool to adjust them manually, but I will follow up to see if any ETA or headway has been made.

By the way, a new version of the IOS App was updated just yesterday. Have you had a chance to update and see if any changes were made?

Thanks…I did update, but the legend still show only the descriptions of only 3 meters with not scrolling.

Something that needs to be addressed prior to the erroneous data is the signalling on the account. It may actually be causing some issues with data reporting. I see intermittent extreme drops in signal.

Things to verify:

Cell module is seated securely.
Antenna is secured and not loose.
Antenna port on board does not have loose solder joints/secured to board.
No high voltage lines near antenna.

After discussing with Alarm.com, they are aware after testing that some of the Gen 1 meter devices are providing false spikes on other systems as well. It looks like it is the devices themselves throwing the spikes, so an after-the-fact solution would indeed be necessary.

It sounds like the intention is to develop a way to ignore obviously erroneous data, which should be possible to implement since each spike appears to be at least an order of magnitude larger than any reasonable, possible high usage. I do not have any ETA on that. Unfortunately it affects the only version of the meters currently compatible with the 2GIG system as far as I know.

They were able to verify the problem is specific to the IOS App regarding the legend, and can replicate. It is on the table for a build update.

It seems like the signal issue does recur fairly frequently though. Sounds like it was attributed to close proximity of house voltage lines to the antenna? Is there a way to move the antenna further away from those lines?

That is great news (that they are working on a fix) … maybe a value for each meter and any measures above it in a given time are ignored (or replaced by the average value)

I will attempt to relocate temporary the main panel and see if it improves…sadly the ideal location is near those power lines… depending on the outcome I may consider to place it in a different spot.

Thanks

Actually an update on this:

Engineers report a system is in place now to filter out the extreme spikes. In fact, it has been working recently - just not perfectly yet. The last spike I see on the account of around 120 kwh corresponded to an actual spike of over 1000 kwh in a 15 minute span. ADC sees the original report from the device. The filtered report is still inaccurate.

They are using what they see on the accounts to fine tune. If you notice more spikes, let us know and we will relay it to the individuals working on this.