Energy Usage

It looks like this device is still listed as a generator in your settings.

The settings have been re-saved. Did this have an effect?

Hi, there was no effect…actually there was one…all Solar measurements disappeared…there is nothing visible now.

Interesting, the measurements that no longer show up, are you referring to history, current, or both?

Discussed this with ADC. It looks like they stopped receiving all data from the Solar meter on December 16th. Did you make any local changes around that time? Z-wave communication looks fine, and everything else from that device seems to come through (it responds to equipment update requests, etc., just no metering data).

Can you just try powering down the meter for 30 seconds or so and powering it back up? We want to see if data will start showing up.

Hi Jason,

No changes at that time…I unplugged for 30 seconds and still no data…any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Felipe.

Removing and re-adding would be the next step. Does this cause Data to generate? Let us know when this happens as we will need to set this device as a Generator again.

Alarm.com is looking into this, but we are not aware of any back-end changes to energy management around the time the data stopped, so it looks like the device is likely causing it.

Well…there goes my history again.

I removed it and added it back and it is sending all the data again…Of course, the meter shows as a consumption meter and not generation. Can you configure it as a solar meter? Also, is it possible to keep the old history?

Thanks,
Felipe.

We have attempted to retrieve historical data and the device has been set as a Generator. (Meter labeled Solar.)

Can you log out and log back in to confirm?

Let us know if you still see incorrect data/missing history.

Alarm.com has confirmed they are now working on the solar energy feature based on what they have seen with accounts. The generation setting may not function as expected during this time. They expect this to be resolved by next week.

Yes, history is there thanks…

I dont see any usage history after it was configured as a solar meter…maybe related with your second msg. I will wait until next week…thanks.

Solar Information is back!..yay!

This weekend I will upgrade to 1.14…hopefully that does not break something else.

nice I may add this. Is this useage available on alarm.com as well?

Yes, energy usage data is available through Alarm.com with the Smart Energy Management add on. You can find a description of the feature here.

Available Add Ons/features are shown here.

There seems to be a problem with the solar energy rate…When I see the usage in dollars, the solar bars are barely visible…also the dashboard show $0 amount saved by Solar Panels. This was not the case before. Thanks

Were there any changes to your network recently? I see data accruing today for your solar generation, but historical values from yesterday back are not available.

Are you referring to the 0.75 saved by Solar Panels?..I dont know were it comes from, but it is stuck at that value…it should be much higher.

I see 1.24 from today (currently).

But yes, it does not look as I would expect. Can you confirm no historical data available? I have ADC looking into this. It seems similar to the last issue presented.

Correct, there is no historical data when the usage in dollars is used. I can see historical information in kWh. the strange thing with the usage in dollars is that if you go to the 24 hours detail level you will see amount for solar…but they seem excessive (priced at about $1/kWh)

I am verifying with ADC what all is to be currently expected. (some changes are occurring)