Energy saver not working

So this is new: Today it was warm enough for the AC to kick on in the upstairs zones and I realized that for one of the zones, the energy saver settings for having one or more doors or windows open wasn’t working properly.

I’ve got an upstairs loft window open and the panel indicates that the sensor is indeed open and I’d need to bypass it to arm in the current state. However, ADC isn’t recognizing the sensor is open and is letting the thermostat operate as normal, without the programmed 4 degree offset.

See screenshots below:

IMG_4377.jpg

And just like that it miraculously started working again.

I hate computers :stuck_out_tongue:

I see a lot of panel commands around that time, mostly status ones after what appears to be some Alarm.com rules updates.

Did you edit this rule in particular shortly before testing?

It looks like about two minutes after you posted the original message here there is an Alarm.com history entry saying the Upstairs Thermostat had a “sensor left open” adjustment.

Hi Warren,

Actually I went through and edited some rules to try to kick it back into living mode. I figured sending a few updates from ADC might wake the thing up. Nevertheless though, the panel showed the window open so not a sensor issue but ADC didn’t kick in the energy saver adjustment to the set points.

It seems to be working now.