Energy Management

Hi all,
I wanted to know if using a device like the Aeotec Smart Switch 6 or Home Energy Meter with Qolsys IQ Panel and Alarm.com if I was able to calculate estimated energy use?

For example, when using the Smart Switch 6, can I somewhere on Alarm.com input my cost per kWh from my utility company and have it tell me how much my connected device is costing mer per month or will it just report to me the total about of kWh used and I have to calculate myself?

Thanks!!

This post gives a detailed description of the feature.

Costs are indeed presented in the Alarm.com data.

Compatible energy metering devices for Qolsys latest firmware found here.

Thank you!!

Do we know if the Aeon Labs DSC06106-ZWUS - Z-Wave Smart Energy Switch is compatible and if so how this differs from the Aeotec Smart Switch 6?

Compatible devices are listed in the link above. The older Smart Energy Switch is compatible.

The Smart Switch 6 is the product replacement for the DSC06106-ZWUS – Z-Wave Smart Energy Switch.

TOTALLY missed that!! Does anyone know the differences in functionality between the two?

I do not believe there are any additional functions, but I have not used a Smart Switch 6 with an IQ panel yet. The Smart Switch 6 is more future proof, using Z-wave Plus.

The Smart Switch 6 is also physically a lot smaller and streamlined.

EDIT: thinking about it, the Smart Switch 6 has socket protection I believe, to protect from foreign objects being pushed into it. Smart Energy Switch does not.

Jason, thank you so much for your help! All I request further from you is to work on getting centrally monitored service in Florida!!! You guys ROCK and I am stuck with other companies that come nowhere close to you!

Thank you for the kind words! Happy to help out.