Encryption unsuccessful

Helllo

Just came home to find my Qolsys IQ Panel 2 displaying the following message. I’ve tried the reset button with no luck. Any idea what this about? No changes at all to the system.

That is the first time I have seen this on a panel. That is a stock Android software error which indicates the Android process has failed. All the suggestions I see regarding this message are related to wiping phone data with mixed results.

This is unfortunately almost certainly indicative of an internal error which will necessitate replacement.

I am curious if the panel will only boot into that screen though, can you try a power cycle of the system?

If you hold the power button on the right for 30 seconds does it reboot? (I am guessing this will fail)

If that does not work, unplug the power, open the panel, unplug the battery. Leave it off for 2 minutes, then plug in the battery, close up the panel, plug in the power.

I tried both of those last night with no change. Well that stinks. I know it’s not a supported device by Qolsys for some time. Is it possible it was pushed a SW/FW update that failed? Nothing has changed in our setup for years. Failed OTA update is the only thing I can think of.

Qolsys iq2 encryption error This thread was the only other time I could find anyone with the same error

On the replacement side. I have a mix of 319.5 s-line devices + I have the zigbee daughter card for a QZ-8100-840 motion/image sensor that I would rather not replace.

I saw there is a zigbee daughter card for the IQ Panel 4 (QC000E-840) but it doesn’t appear to explicitly support my image/motion sensor. Trying to replace the minimal amount of hardware here.

My other thought was to buy a new/old stock panel 2 or 2+ (I’ve seen some around) and just swap that in. Once imei is updated with surety does my config pull down or am I readopting all my sensors/zwave devices?

Good find, I had forgotten about that report. It was not a Surety user at the time and it looks like that ended up being a panel replacement.

There was no OTA at the time. The firmware version on the panel has been the same since 4/4/23. The last signals from the system are just normal sensor activity.

The IQ Panel 4 does not support the Alarm.com image sensor. It could be replaced with a standard motion detector or with a PowerG Image Sensor.

The IQ Panel 2+ would be an option, these are discontinued and just be sure to verify that the IMEI is unregistered.

There is a backup restore process we can try, we wouldn’t be able to run a new backup but there is an automatic backup from 10/29. The one issue is the Image Sensor, which may cause issues with the restoral. There is no way to clear it from the backup at this time, so we would just have to try using the backup we have.

Steps to request a backup restore process are described here: