Enabling automation in alarm.com profile - ADT

Hello,

I’m not with Surety because it’s unfortunately not available in Canada (I wish it were), but these forums are so helpful for general 2Gig and alarm.com questions that I thought I’d post here.

I’m with ADT (bleh) using a 2Gig GC2 panel and I’ve recently requested an upgrade to my alarm.com plan to enable automation control (Z-Wave device control). Apparently this can take “up to 48 hours” to implement on the back end. I already had a Z-wave lock (Yale Assure SL) successfully paired with the panel for local control for a while, but I can’t see it in alarm.com yet. My question is, how will I know when ADT implements the upgrade? Should I see anything different in my alarm.com phone app or website, like a “Locks” section appearing or something? Do I need to reboot my GC2 panel to refresh alarm.com? SO far I don’t see anything different.

Thanks!

Hey welcome! Happy to help out!

My question is, how will I know when ADT implements the upgrade? Should I see anything different in my alarm.com phone app or website, like a “Locks” section appearing or something? Do I need to reboot my GC2 panel to refresh alarm.com? SO far I don’t see anything different.

Let me start off by stating I could not tell you the policies or procedures regarding any other Alarm.com dealer including ADT.

That being said, if you have Z-Wave automation control enabled on your account and a corresponding device enrolled in the panel (like a lock) you should see a card for it in the website or mobile app. This video can help give you a visual of what you might expect to see.

Great video, thanks! I currently only see the “Panel” card; I will keep checking as I’m still within the 48-hour activation period. How often does the panel send a refresh to alarm.com? I installed the lock ~30 hours ago.

As for ADT Canada’s policies & procedures, in my experience they are horrible to deal with. It took 2 hours on the phone for the customer service rep I spoke with to understand that I don’t want a new system, I don’t want a technician to come “program” the lock for me, I just want the Automation enabled on my alarm.com profile…

Anyway, thanks!

There can be a short delay between learning the Z-Wave Lock in to the panel and it showing up on Alarm.com but 30 hours is outside that. If possible, running a cell test at the panel can help facilitate devices showing up in ADC.

But if you are in the time frame still, the features may not be associated with your account yet. Hard to say.

Thanks. You’re right, I can’t be certain if the issue is the refresh interval from the panel or the activation of the Automation features on alarm.com. I’ll give it a bit more time and run a Cell Test if it still doesn’t show up tomorrow.

Thanks

Just to conclude this thread, ADT upgraded my alarm.com profile as planned and I now have access to the Automation features like locks. Everything working fine :-).

That’s great to hear! Hopefully it got resolved relatively quickly!