Enable jamming detection and optimizing the GC3

For those who have just acquired the GC3, be aware that sensor jamming detection is disabled by default. To enable, set the Q63 to ENABLED.

Set smart test reports to Q62 ENABLED; and Central station to daily periodic test Q36 (1). THIS CHECKS TO VERIFY YOUR PANEL IS STILL ABLE TO SUCESSFULLY COMMUNICATE WITH THE CENTRAL STATION DAILY.

If you have monitored smoke detectors: For compliance with UL 985 [and NFPA 72]:Household Fire Warning System Units, this setting must be Q42 DISABLED. IF YOUR SMOKE DETECTORS FAIL AT NIGHT THIS WILL ALERT YOU AND PROVIDE EARLY WARNING THAT SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH YOUR LIFE SAFETY DEVICES, WHICH MAY HELP SAVE THE LIVES OF YOUR FAMILY IF THERE IS A FIRE.

Set fire bell to not shut off after 4 min: Q41 UNLIMITED. IF YOU ARE EQUIPPED WITH MONITORED SMOKE DETECTORS, AND HAVE A FIRE IN YOUR HOME, YOU WANT THE ALARMS TO CONTINUE TO SOUND UNTIL MANUALLY TURNED OFF.

For those who want to enable SILENT PANIC alarm (police) from *PAD1 and Panel, set Q10 to SILENT PANIC. ENABLING SILENT POLICE PANIC ON PANEL AND SECONDARY WILL ALLOW YOU TO IMMEDIATELY DISPATCH POLICE TO YOUR HOME WITHOUT CENTRAL STATION COMING OVER THE TWO WAY RADIO, WITHOUT SOUNDING AN AUDIBLE ALARM (WHICH CAN STILL BE DONE WITH THE EMERGENCY PANIC), AND WITH PANEL APEARING TO BE IN A NORMAL CONDITION STATE. FOR USE IN SAY AN ARMED/UNARMED HOME INVASION, OR WHERE VIOLENCE MAY BE OCCURING IN THE HOME.

THIS WILL ALSO RESULT IN IMMEDIATE HIGH PRIORITY DISPATCH OF POLICE EVEN IN THOSE JURISDICTIONS WHERE POLICE WILL NOT NORMALLY RESPOND TO AN UNVERIFIED BURGLARY/INTRUSION ALARM EVENT (THEY WILL IMMEDIATELY RESPOND TO PANIC AND FIRE IN ANY EVENT).

If you have and use the *PAD1 (which is the only available secondary keypad available at this time), you should ENABLE the Q17 QUICK BYPASS. OTHERWISE, WITH QUICK BYPASS DISABLED, IF A SENSOR IS OPEN, AND YOU TRY TO ARM WITH THE PAD1 KEYPAD, ARMING WILL FAIL (AND YOU MAY NOT REALIZE IT AS YOU LEAVE). ENABLING QUICK BYPASS WILL ENSURE THAT PANEL CAN BE ARMED.

Note:

• This may also be applicable to the fob
Q10 Police Emergency (SILENT PANIC) Q17 ENABLED Q36 (1) Q41 UNLIMITED Q42 DISABLED Q62 ENABLED Q63 ENABLED

I don’t understand why this isn’t enabled by default? Is there some problem with it when it’s enabled?

don’t understand why this isn’t enabled by default? Is there some problem with it when it’s enabled?

It is because the programming (Q)uestions are designed to be customized by the licensed and trained installer for the type of use (e.g., Fire protection, Intrusion, or both. The alarm company tech/Installer is supposed to be aware of the codes and of how to program the panel), and to further allow optimization by the Installer for User preference and Central Station test requirements (Not all central stations do daily test for example, but Surety’s does; and some Users may want audible panic, and some may want silent duress panics. Some users may also want to enable optional RF jamming notifications for heightened security.)

Is there jamming detection in the GC2?

Is there jamming detection in the GC2?
YES. Q65

for optimized GC2 Q’s, see: Need to install new module...is it this simple? - Support - Surety Support Forum

Hey riven, do you know how to make it so that User 2 (non-master users) be able to access system menu or Bypass menu?

I do not believe it is possible to give settings access to non-master code users. We can forward that as a request though.

Thanks Jason, that would be awesome. I think bypassing sensors is pretty essential, even for non-master users.

I think bypassing sensors is pretty essential, even for non-master users

I dunno about the GC3, But I do know that a non-master user can bypass on the GC2/GoControl

I dunno about the GC3, But I do know that a non-master user can bypass on the GC2/GoControl

Open sensors on the GC3 can be bypassed on the home screen with non-master users.