Ecolink Z-Wave Garage Door Opener works with Qolsys & ADC

I was looking for a product like the GoControl GD00Z Z-Wave garage door opener but for newer Chamberlain / Liftmaster openers. I came across this - Z-Wave Long Range Garage Controller - Ecolink. It communicates directly with the Liftmaster / Chamberlain openers like a remote but also has the option to wire to terminals on any opener that still supports that.
I have successfully added to a Qolsys IQ4 panel and Alarm.com. It shows up exactly the same as the GD00Z in both the panel and ADC. I haven’t had a chance to pair it to my Liftmaster 87504-267 yet but will update this post when I have.

Unfortunately, Amazon doesn’t carry them yet, nor does Surety. Hopefully it will become more widely available soon.

Thank you for the feedback! Yes the Ecolink Z-wave garage controller has been added to Alarm.com’s officially supported hardware page and is a good option for garage control, with improved range. Let us know how it works for you with your opener!

I was finally able to pair it with my Liftmaster wirelessly, and it mostly works. The only issue I have is that if the door is opened via a remote or Homelink in the car, and then you attempt to close the door via the IQ4 panel, the Ecolink will sound the warning beeps that the door is about to close, but then sound an error tone. The garage door doesn’t close. However, if you try to close it again via the IQ4, it works fine. I’m able to reproduce this consistently, so I emailed Ecolink support. Aside from that, I’d say it’s a good option for people who have a Liftmaster opener where the GoControl isn’t an option.

1 Like

I received a response from one of their QA people, who mentioned mine is the first time they’ve dealt with a Qolsys panel with alarm.com. He was very helpful and was able to reproduce the issue. Apparently, there are some limitations to the configuration options available in the Qolsys panels, so he offered to contact Alarm.com and have them make a configuration setting update and push it directly to my system. I’m waiting to see if the problem reoccurs before I do that.

1 Like