Ecobee - adding to ADC/iq 4

Has anyone had success pairing an ecobee3 lite to a Qolsys IQ Panel 4 and your ADC account? I cannot figure out how to add the thermostats to the panel itself (I know how to add a swabs device) and when I try to add the device on my ADC account, I can get to the point of giving ADC access to my ecobee account but then when it searches for devices, nothing happens…

Am I missing a step?

Ecobee does not connect to your panel.

Please follow the steps here to connect Ecobee to your Alarm.com account:

Thanks. I have tried from both the app and ADC website but it gets stuck on discovering devices. Following the guide, I thought it might help to add my home address to the ecobee app but that did not work.

Is your Ecobee currently connected to wifi? Double check to make sure it is connected.

Can you control your device through the Ecobee app right now?

Yes- connected to Wi-Fi and no issues accessing via app. I do have a dual channel router and alarm system is on 5g channel while the thermostats are on the “regular” (2.4?) Wi-Fi. Is it possible that is the issue? I know it does not go to panel so not sure if that matters.

How long have you let it go on the discovering devices step

I figured it out - my wife’s login for ecobee is the master login for the thermostats, so I used that login instead of my ecobee login when pairing with ADC and that allowed the devices to be found.

Ah, thank you for following up and confirming the cause!