Duress Code for ADC on Kwikset 910

Hello,
I have the Kwikset 910 locks tied in to my ADC panel. I have a rule set to disarm the alarm when the user door code is entered at the lock. ADC support said that entering the Duress code in at the door will not trigger a duress event. Is there a good workaround?

That is correct, inciting a duress response from locks is not an available feature, though it has been requested in the past and we have discussed with ADC.

I believe one user works around this by creating a separate lock user called “Duress” user with a code everyone can remember, then adds a notification which is sent to the user and other appropriate user contacts in Alarm.com whenever that user unlocks the door. This gives the primary user or the other contacts the ability to respond as though it were a duress situation.

I don’t necessarily recommend this sort of work-around, but it is an option.

In addition, in this case I would be hesitant given the brevity of code combinations there can be on a Kwikset 910 5-button lock. A much higher likelihood of accidentally entering the code exists.

With 10 physical buttons you have 10,000 combinations of 4 digits. With 5 physical buttons you have 625.