DSC PC1832 conversion to wireless

Hello- I have a DSC Powerseries PC1832 wired system and I’d like to convert it to a wireless system with a Qolsys IQ Panel 2+. Will the Qolsys IQ Hardwire 16-S work for this conversion? All sensors are currently hardwired. Is this a big job or something with some electrical and software background can handle? Thanks in advance. Claude

Yes, the Qolsys Hardwire-16S is used to translate normally closed existing wired sensor zones into wireless signals in 319.5 encrypted protocol.

There is typically minimal challenge as long as you know which zones go to which sensors on your existing system. Labeling the wires with some tape prior to removal of the old panel makes things a lot easier.

Great. Thanks for the followup!

Hi Jason, One more question before I order the Qolsys 2+ Panel with monitoring. I have 4 DSC keypads in my house; foyer, master bed, garage and basement. I’m thinking of just getting one main panel and one Q Remote panel since the price adds up quickly. Can I just disconnect the remaining two keypads and cap them off off? Or is there another cheaper keypad alternative for the garage and basement?

Can I just disconnect the remaining two keypads and cap them off off? Or is there another cheaper keypad alternative for the garage and basement?

There are no other options which would take the place of a wall keypad, no. The IQ Remote is the secondary touchscreen option for the IQ Panel 2+.

The Other keypads could just be disconnected at the panel side and left in place (possibly replaced later with an IQ Remote) or removed from the wall and you could patch up the wall behind it. (There will be a hole from the wire fishing).

The IQ Remote QW9104-840 comes with a 7V transformer to be more conducive to wall mounting and lengthening the power cable.