DSC Neo Monitoring

Are you able to monitor DSC Neo Alarm Panels?

Thanks for your time.

DSC Power Series Neo is indeed compatible. It would require an Alarm.com cellular module to connect to our service.

See attached cell card manual for the compatible model numbers.

29009092R001_WEB.pdf (687 KB)

Hi Jason,

Is it possible to dual-path to ADC using the DSC Neo? There doesn’t appear to be an ADC version of the TL2803G.

Could one use a 3G8080 + TL280 in the same panel? Would the TL280 work with ADC in that situation?

Thanks.

The power series NEO does not yet have dual path options through ADC, though we do expect that to become available at some point. No ETA on that however.

Thanks for clarifying. A few follow-up questions:

1. What do you think the threat profile is for a 3G/cellular attack these days?

2. If I acquire the Neo + a 3G8080 or CD8080 module and later upgrade to a dual-path module when they release one for ADC (agree that it seems likely since they have both ADC modules and dual-path modules), does the old 3G8080 or CD8080 module become useless? Could it be unregistered from my account and then re-sold?

Thanks.

Cell jammers are illegal in the US, and uncommon.

Dual path does not normally refer to a single device with both transmission methods. A broadband back-up module for ADC would almost certainly be its own piece of equipment separate from existing Cell modules.

That said, if you swap your cell module or cancel service, yes your old module becomes unregistered and it can be used with a new account.

Thanks, Jason. I would normally prefer the dual-path with two modules, as well. However, it seems that for the default (non-ADC) central station use case, DSC has instead released a single dual-path module (the TL2803G) making me wonder if they wouldn’t end up doing the same thing for the ADC use case.

Jason,

Is it possible to connect a TL2803G to the PCLink2 port and then use the RX and TX terminals to connect it to a 3G8080I communicator? Currently I have a PCL-422 connected and a 3G8080I. I would like to add ethernet to my system to make configuration changes (we have WebSA). I will also be using Alarm.com.
Would connecting the communicators this way cause any problems or issue with programming?
Is there another way to add ethernet?
Or could I just connect the TL2803G to the PCLink1 port?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

I would like to add ethernet to my system to make configuration changes (we have WebSA). I will also be using Alarm.com. Would connecting the communicators this way cause any problems or issue with programming? Is there another way to add ethernet?

You would not want to install a second cellular module. Note that it would not be available for dual path to ADC currently, but I think this might work for you. Should be able to wire to the unused pclink terminal.

Keep in mind it may not be necessary, as a big part of Alarm.com is remote system management. I’ve not used WebSA, what capability are you looking to maintain?

We are going to have multiple panels in our different buildings. This is our first one and I wasn’t sure of what all I was going to need. I just wanted to make sure If I did end up needing it, I had that option.