Doorbell (skybell) ADC-VDB105 picture problem

Jason I have access to my transformer and I unplug doorbell from it and waited few min. when pushing button outside while transformer was off doorbell was completely dead. Would that count as reboot? or do I have to actually do button for 50sec?

The doorbell should be powered. Please try rebooting via holding the face button for roughly 50 seconds. Release as soon as the button starts flashing blue.

@jwcsurety Perform reset as you described and still same picture quality. All other cameras look great.

Couple things looking at the device info, your Skybell is currently set to medium quality settings. That might account for the apparent change if your Skybell was added to a new Surety account and the default setting was different from what you were previously using.

Check in Video Settings when logged into Alarm.com and select Video Device Info for that Skybell. It is currently set to 720 (Good Quality), try upping it to the 720 (Better Quality) option. Any change?

It also looks like there is a newer supported firmware version for your Skybell. It would be good to update to the latest version.

I will do that when i get home @jwcsurety. I did update firmware few days ago, and after rest yesterday it tells me that needs update again. I wonder if it did not take. It told me that was successful.

updated firmware and change to best, still blurry. its not really pix-elated its just blurry. Maybe that bell is just done,.

Possibly, but I can say looking at the signal strength history that the wifi signal strength and quality that the doorbell is reporting has been dropping over the last week or so.

Right now the signal quality overall is listed as bad (roughly 60%). That can definitely have an effect on quality of the stream.

Have you made any changes to your network? Just a week ago it was reporting about 10% higher.

You mention you have 6 access points, do they all share the same SSID and password?

As a test are you able to try splitting off the closest AP to the doorbell to use a different SSID to ensure that the doorbell isn’t connecting to a distant AP instead? If you can improve the signal to 85% + and you still have the same issue, that would be pretty suggestive of an internal issue with the Doorbell

@jwcsurety No changes I run professional Unifi network equipment. L2 switches Nano HD AP with 4x4 mimo directional antennas and even WIFI6 band. I can see what clients are on what AP. and door bell is connecting to my foyer AP that is about 6 to 10ft away and is closest one to the front door. straight line of sight. Also that is the only ap that send 2.4Ghz signal as door bell is only device in my house that still requires 2.4GHz, everything else runs at 5GHz. I remember that door bell being as low as 50 before and I never had that problem. I can try to raise signal strength on that ap for 2.4GHz and see what happens. I did connect to that AP in my driveway that is another 10ft away from the bell and had no problem watching 4K videos on my phone at full resolution. That is why I’m kind a leaning to bell just going to crap.

Alright, that’s beneficial to know it is at least connecting to the best AP. Weird that the signal is so low being so close by. Is there a lot of metal nearby the doorbell? Or is it a brick construction? Brick does a good job attenuating signals unfortunately.

Let me know if you see any improvement with the changes.

I’ll check with ADC on the new doorbell to see if there is any update.

@jwcsurety I did switch doorbell to another AP and no changes. I think it’s time to replace that bell. Let me know if you find out from adc on new bell release . Thank you

Alright. I will update this thread later today, I’m speaking with ADC later and should have an update this afternoon.

It sounds like we should be expecting the Doorbell before fall, but no official date yet. I would guess within a couple months.

Do you know anything about it? Improvements ? Changes ?

Wider range of view, removable battery, video analytics support have all been mentioned to be included but not much information in terms of specs, you can find a bit more information from this post here.

Also dual wifi antenna for better network connection.

Do you guys know if it’s going to be Skybell made ? Or someone else?

Alarm.com is actually making the new doorbell themselves. I’m not sure if it’s based on a Hikvision model like the rest of their cameras but it’s not by Skybell.

Well found my problem. Found water green corrosion under the battery on the circuit board. hope this new door bell is going to be out soon.

As far as I know it is in the later stages of testing so should be available relatively soon.

@jwcsurety Jason I found something interesting last night. As you recall I found water damage on my old door bell. Waiting for new design from alarm.com I found use unit on ebay for $30 so i purchase it to have something for now. I installed and found that picture went back to clear and everything was good until I upgrade firmware. Door bell came with 3050 and 3052 was available. Once I update firmware picture went to be a blur and just bad. So yes I had water damage but I think picture problem is in a firmware. Just an FYI let me know what you think