Doorbell ring when motion detected..How to stop this?

Hi. I have the ADC-VDB770. I want to receive push notifications when someone rings the bell. For some reason, the doorbell rings (as if someone pushed the button) when it detects motion. My dogs are losing their minds, and I’m going hoarse yelling at them to stop barking and howling. Can you please help? Thank you.

There is a doorbell call setting for the VDB770 called Touchless Doorbell Calls which does what you are describing, but at the moment it appears to be disabled.

Did you just recently turn that off or is this behavior continuing at this time?

If you are still experiencing the issue with that setting disabled, let’s try deleting the associated recording schedule and recreating it to be sure that is saved correctly with touchless doorbell off.

Delete the Doorbell Person Detection Recording Schedule and recreate. Does the behavior continue?

Thank you Jason. I just deleted and re-added as you suggested. The option you described is indeed off, though I enabled and disabled just to assure the flag is hopefully set properly. I’ll let you know.

David

Well, the issue is not resolved. This is something that started happening in the last couple of weeks. What else can I try?

So that I make sure I describe this to ADC accurately, whenever your recording schedule “Front Door” is activated, your doorbell chime activates, is that correct?

Does it trigger a call too, or just the chime?

No call/push notification, just the chime like someone rang the doorbell.

I’ve sent a remote reboot to that device, can you confirm if the behavior is still occurring in a few minutes?

Will do

I just tested it. Unfortunately no change.

Thank you for testing and confirming. This is the first time I have seen this but it appears that the camera has part of the Touchless Doorbell rule active and stuck on. I think the next step we will need to try is to factory reset the ADC-VDB770 and re-add it to the account.

To reset:

1. Delete the camera from the account under video settings.
  2. Press and hold the doorbell button for at least 75 seconds until the LED starts blinking red and green.
  3. Wait for the device to reboot.

Re-add the doorbell, then create the recording rules and test. That should remove that behavior. If not, there is likely a physical issue with the doorbell.

Ok. I’ll do it. Thank you.

That seems to have fixed it. Thank you Jason

Thank you for confirming!