Doorbell missing

I can’t find the doorbell “button” on my alarm app. It’s missing. When I go to add a new device it’s not there. Just cameras, lights etc. How do I add my skybell? Thank you.

The Skybell would require video support in your Surety plan. It looks like you do not have a plan or add-on supporting Doorbell video.

You can add video support here in the System Manager at any time. There is a Doorbell-Only add-on which would be the best option if you only have that one camera to add.

After adding video you will find the Doorbell option in the Alarm.com app menu.

1 Like

Gotcha. I see that now. I guess with the largest plan I figured everything I came with it. Thank you

You currently have the Home plan which is a plan for Alarm monitoring and Home Automation. A plan that includes camera features as well as alarm and home automation is the Complete plan, but that wouldn’t be necessary for just one doorbell.

You can view the plans here. Select the “Security and Automation with Cameras” tab for the relevant plans.

1 Like

I upgraded already. Now when I try to add the doorbell it just keeps telling me it can’t find it. Even though it’s blinking red and green, wi fi is connected and all should be fine. Suggestions?

To clarify. I didnt need to upgrade to have the door bell? Or I did? If it just have one doorbell which plan do I need. I also can’t seem to get it online still

Yes, you needed to upgrade to an add on or plan to support video.

Red and Green blinking LED does not mean it is connected to your wifi. It means it is in wifi AP mode, which allows you to connect your phone to it and complete the wifi setup.

Please follow the steps below and let me know if you see any of these steps failing and the wording of any error messages you see.

It just keeps saying “we could not verify you are connected to your camera.” I’ve followed this link in the beginning and was using the same thing. I’ve tried it 6 times now and as soon as it identified my wifi it immediately says that every time

Would I by chance need to delete my app for the skybell? When I installed that it was pretty intense and kept trying to find it. Super long process as well

You wouldnt need to delete the native skybell app but the SkyBell cannot be connected to the native SkyBell App and Alarm.com, its one or the other. Is the skybell you are trying to connect still associated with the SkyBell app?

It is. I was scared to delete it since it took me almost 2 days to install before…I have no peep hole haha. So delete skybell and start fresh?

If the SkyBell is currently attached to the native skybell app, it will need to be removed from the SkyBell app first, then it can be added to your Alarm.com account.

Wait at least 10 minutes after removing before trying to pair it with ADC.

Got it. Thank you so much for your help