Doorbell call on panel

Hello I was wanting to see why I can’t get the doorbell to ring on the panel

After setting up and pairing the SkyBell to your Alarm.com account, you can set up Cameras to be live streamed to the Qolsys panel. Steps can be found here:

I tried that several times both doorbell and panel are up to date

Where are you getting stuck at? Is the SkyBell conneted successfully, and can you use Live view?

Are both the Qolsys IQ Panel 2 and the Doorbell Camera are connected to the same router’s Wi-Fi network (SSID) and band (2.4 GHz).

Everything is enabled like it should be but it won’t ring on the panel

Let me check the ssid because we got a knew WiFi system which has a single login

Hey Sorry I checked my wifi App and My New linksys system does seperate 2.4 and 5 thing it just auto changes between the too and only has it as one ssid name
so what could cause this doorbell thing not to show up on the system cause mom and them was really wanting to know

My New linksys system does seperate 2.4 and 5 thing it just auto changes between the too and only has it as one ssid name

Can you have two different SSID names for 2.4 and 5? Dual band routers must separate the 2.4GHz and 5 GHz bands into unique SSIDs in order for it to work properly.

The IQ Panel 2+ and the SkyBell need to be attached to the same SSID and band, 2.4GHz in order to be able to answer SkyBell calls at the panel.

Ok I’ll work on it this weekend

Hi. Make sure 2 factor authentication is turned off on your account.

I don’t have it enabled it somthing with the WiFi

Ok. I had a similar issue and that was the cause.

Update fixed it I enabled the panels hotspot and connected the doorbell to it now it works