Door sensor won't show open

Hello all,

New user here with a 2gig-gc3e-345. Im using 3x 2gig-dw20e-345 recessed door contacts.

The problem I’m having is, is that the doors never show open. I am able to go around and all the sensors go off on a walk test.

Also, if I set the alarm to away and open and close a door, it still sets it for stay.

Here’s the current settings I have:

Type: 01
Equipment code: 0863
Serial number: learned in
Smart area: s1
Loop: 1
Delay: disabled
Supervised: enabled
Chime: disabled

Also, how would I set the door to not have a delay?

Thanks for any help

Are you looking on the panel home screen or in Alarm.com for open reports?

I don’t see a related Surety subscription. If you use another provider one thing I would recommend is asking your provider to assist with determining if your settings are correct. They would have visibility into the sensor programming on the back end.

An easy thing to test is to set the chime on for those sensors. Does the chime work when the doors are physically opened?

Be sure those sensors are installed on the handle side of the door, not the hinge side.

For Arming Away, you have Auto Stay on. That means that when arming away, if no exit doors are opened during the countdown it will assume someone stayed inside and revert to stay. This is to prevent false alarms from motion detectors.

You can disable that Auto Stay under Q14 in programming on a GC3

Also, how would I set the door to not have a delay?

Can you clarify? If you don’t want it to be an Entry Exit sensor you can just program it as a Perimeter zone, type (03).

Do you just want to arm with no entry delay, but you want it to still be an exit delay sensor? If so you just manually select no entry delay anytime you arm the system. This can be done on screen or through the website app anytime you manually arm.

Hi Jason, thanks for the response.

I am looking at this on the panel. I wanted to get everything working locally before I set up an account so no false alarms would be sent out.

The contacts are on the handle side, but they don’t show open even if I take the contact out of the door and move it several feet away from the magnet.

I’m just trying to figure out what’s going on. I would think it must be a setting in the panel since all three are behaving this way

Edit: just found the problem, equipment code was wrong since these are eseries sensors.

just found the problem, equipment code was wrong since these are eseries sensors.

Good catch, yeah I think that should be 2863. That resolved the issue for you?