Door locks and repeaters

Just got done with the door lock install. The Schlage BE469 CAM 605 (http://a.co/dvI4cGI) is a nice lock, at this point I would highly recommend it. Powerful cam and motor - and it was an easy setup.
I paired this with my Go!Control and then took it downstairs to install. Was happy with it in one location but is now giving me a false reading of being ‘unlocked’ when I know infact that is is locked. I’m guessing this is just a weak connection as I’m a full floor and +/- 50’ away from the device. Anywho…I’m going to add a couple of light z wave light switches between the devices to help with signal. I’m looking at the GE/Jasco switches as I’ve had good luck with them in the past. Specifically, the 12724 (switch and dimmer), 12722(on/off switch), and the 12723 (add on for 3-way). Does anyone else have any recommendations?
Also, does the 12723 also act as a repeater? I’ve got a three way that has one switch at the top of the stairs, and one at the bottom. If the add/on is not a repeater I will probably put this closer to the panel and hope that the signal get to the 12722 which is about halfway between the panel and the lock.

Also, does the 12723 also act as a repeater? I’ve got a three way that has one switch at the top of the stairs, and one at the bottom.

The 12723 is not a Z-wave device itself, so it cannot function as a repeater. The GE add-on switch controls the other Z-wave switch in the circuit physically via a traveler wire.

The Linear WS15Z-1 and WT00Z-1 would be a virtual 3-way option where both are Z-wave devices.

If you use the GE option, which does work well, I would recommend at least one additional repeater node between the lock and the panel.

Added 2 GE 12722 locks between panel and outside lock. Spacing is approximately 20’ from each other. This is the best I can do, as I don’t have any other outlets or switches any closer.
Door lock is still giving me a false reading although it starts off by saying it’s locked. Here’s a typical sequence:
Send command for door to lock. Locks within 5-12 seconds. Application on phone states that the door is locked. Wait 15-minutes, check application again and the door is now unlocked. Trying to lock the door from the application says lock status is unknown. Can’t unlock and lock again via the application.

So I know that this door is locked, but not sure without actually looking at it. Problem is that I’m nearly 2 hours away.

To diagnose, I cleared the lock of all codes via a factory reset. Lock ran a basic calibration which performed fine. Removed from system, added to the system(standing less than 2ft away from the lock), and reinstalled user codes. Checked for movement on latch bolt - cleared and made sure this was able to move freely.

Any other ideas for this?

So I know that this door is locked, but not sure without actually looking at it. Problem is that I’m nearly 2 hours away.

To diagnose, I cleared the lock of all codes via a factory reset. Lock ran a basic calibration which performed fine. Removed from system, added to the system(standing less than 2ft away from the lock), and reinstalled user codes. Checked for movement on latch bolt – cleared and made sure this was able to move freely.

When did you perform the troubleshooting? Do you anticipate being able to check again anytime soon?

I’m seeing the lock report back as unlocked every time I request status. I am also not seeing any commands dropping or lost communication in the diagnostics. Did you perform any testing on site and did it function any differently then? Or is someone else assisting with the testing?

When I was there over the weekend I tried to address the issue.

After install it reported as unlocked. I thought it was just a weak connection, so that’s why I added the switches.

So you can see on 3/4 @ 10:36am the garage was locked. It has since not been unlocked…even though it reports that it is. I did all testing onsite, not sure when I will be back up there.

Looking for an idea as to what I can do when I go up there. Take the lock off, re-calibrate and reinstall or should I consider a lock replacement?

Take the lock off, re-calibrate and reinstall

Lock handing may be an issue. Did the panel report the proper status? I suppose a better question would be did you notice the panel reporting the wrong status when Alarm.com was?

So you can see on 3/4 @ 10:36am the garage was locked. It has since not been unlocked…

When did you send commands to try to lock? Can you try sending one now? I’d like to see what pops into history for us. It looks like there are two more events in history since the 3/4 locked event showing the panel locked. But if there has been no activity they may coincide with sent attempts even though I do not see mobile commands.

Sending one as I type this: 3/6 4:37pm. I also show one for this morning at 11:40 that was sent, mobile at says Door Locked but when you check under locks again, it shows unlocked.

Yes, agreed this may be a handing issue, which likely means a removal and factory reset. Schalge’s website and/or manuals don’t detail how to change handing… I hoped that the factory reset that I completed would fix the issue, but I think I need to do that and remove it physically from the door.

I think the problem on this is actually attributed to a mis-aligned cam…which Schlage does not tell me how to remedy.

Forgive me for retreading, but from the prior posts it sounds like you had physically tested the lock bolt while the door was closed correct?

Checked for movement on latch bolt – cleared and made sure this was able to move freely.

Does this mean with the door open, watching the bolt retract and extend? Or with the door shut, extending into the strike plate hole?

If there is any play with the door, or misaligned bolt and plate, it can cause major issues for an electronic lock. The bolt may extend, but not be able to extend fully. I know this was likely taken into consideration, but just in case I’d like to verify.

I’m not as familiar with the Schlage models as Yale and Kwikset, but during installation you should likely be able to rotate the tongue which turns to extend the bolt. Make sure this tongue is oriented so that it can fully rotate to extend the bolt in the direction it needs to turn.

Finally, we can send a handful of commands just to make certain that the lock, panel, and Alarm.com are synced up. However, it is recommended by ADC to do this while the system is disarmed. Let me know if you’d like to try this.