Door Lock Synchronizing Issues

Hey,

I am seeing ““Kitchen Door” is out of synchronization.” messages across most of my users. Clicking “Retry” doesn’t fix it.

I have already removed and re-added my lock (a Schlage Connect) and I am still getting these errors. The lock is approximately 10’ from the panel with a clear line of sight. I also relearned the z-wave network.

Any advice on what to do to fix this?

Thanks!

Certainly, a few things to consider first:

1. I know 10 feet doesn’t seem like much, but Locks should be added to the network within 6 feet of the controller for best results. During pairing, this proximity requirement is necessary.
  2. Locks are battery operated and go to sleep in between actions. They generally need assistance from repeating nodes on a Z-wave network for 100% uptime. It looks like that lock is the only Z-wave device you have, so there are no repeating nodes. Even though it is only 10 feet away, your panel diagnostics show about 8% of messages are failing. I can’t view diagnostics for the prior instance of the lock (before you deleted and relearned it) but they would likely be similar.
  3. Locks run through batteries quicker than other devices, and lower battery levels can impact signaling before the lock even reports low battery. If this is unusual and your lock has worked well for a while I would first replace batteries with all new batteries.
  4. The BE469ZP model of Z-wave lock has some compatibility issues depending on the age. To be compatible with the 700series Z-wave radios in the Qolsys IQ panel 2+, the BE469ZP must have a manufacture date of December 2019 or newer.

Thanks Jason.

The batteries are brand new so don’t think that’s an issue (replaced them when I relearned it).

I will:

• Check the manufacture date
  • Get a z-wave extender
  • Move panel within 6’ for pairing

In case this doesn’t fix things, do you all have a recommended lock that seems to work well?

Schlage does tend to have more issues than other lock manufacturers.

Generally speaking, we don’t get a lot of issues reported from Yale or Kwikset locks comparatively.

I was under the impression that the Schlage zwave lock issue was attributed to the 2 GIG panel. It would appear that it would be an issue beyond that?

Would it be possible that this is an ADC panel

I have the BE469ZP CEN 626 and it was ordered and manufactured in 2021 and still have problems.

I was under the impression that the Schlage zwave lock issue was attributed to the 2 GIG panel. It would appear that it would be an issue beyond that?

This thread is not relevant to 2GIG and the issue you are referencing is not the same.

The 2GIG GC2 panel does not have the same Z-wave radio version as the Qolsys IQ Panel 2+, and the issues with BE469ZP age are related to the 700Series radios in newer panels like the IQ Panel 2+.

BE469ZP issues with 2GIG GC2 and GC3 are described by Alarm.com as general incompatibility concerns.

They have stated the lock is confirmed compatible with Qolsys, DSC, SEM-Honeywell/ADEMCO Vista, Interlogix, and 2GIG EDGE (not other 2GIG Panels).

So I have added a repeater and re added the lock with the panel right next to it.

Still having the same issues. Assuming at this point that it’s just that Schlage isn’t any good for this? The lock should be new enough as I bought it end of last year.

Yale locks with Z-wave Plus seem to be unavailable due to shortage (as so many things are).

Do you know if the U-Bolt Pro Z-Wave is compatible with alarm.com? It seems to have everything I could want.

The lock should be new enough as I bought it end of last year.

Did you confirm the manufacture date on the sticker inside the lock?

Do you know if the U-Bolt Pro Z-Wave is compatible with alarm.com? It seems to have everything I could want.

That is not a compatible device listed on the panel or Alarm.com lists. I wouldn’t expect it to function.