Door contact not working

Everything seems to be working well with my 2GIG GC3 except for my front door contact. I am using a Honeywell 5818 recessed wireless contact. I don’t think it did this when the system was first programmed (about a week ago) but the past 2 days it’s been very bad at reporting its status. A lot of the time when I open the door it won’t even report as open and the green light will still be on the panel. But when I open it and close it a bunch of times it will start working for a little while and report as open. It’s not very far from the panel, I have other Honeywell 5816 sensors that are a lot farther away. It’s programmed on loop 1 and I’m using the HW 5818 type in zone programming. Thanks for any help!

Was this sensor installed recently (i.e is it new) or was it pre-existing? It could be a low/drained battery causing the sensor to report slowly. Are the batteries new? It appears that this sensor requires a AAA lithium battery.

Is there any metal at the installation site or other environmental interference that could prevent the signal from properly reaching the panel?

The sensor is brand new, installed the same time I got the panel. There shouldn’t be anything metal or anything making it hard to reach the panel. If the battery was running low, would it give me a low. Artery warning at the panel? If not I may try replacing the battery in case it came with a bad battery.

The updated equipment list command has been run, any change?
You may want to try re learning the sensor in at the panel to get it to report properly as well.

The battery could be low enough to have trouble sending signals but not low enough to report a low battery at the panel. If you are able, its always good to check the voltage of the current battery, before replacing it outright.

For the equipment list, no nothing is showing up which is odd. When I first started the service at our new house yesterday all the z-Wave devices automatically went to alarm.com that were in my GC3 (secondary controller to smartthings). But my locks and garage doors weren’t working from alarm.com or the panel so I deleted then relearned the GC3 as secondary and everything works at the panel now but nothing on alarm.com

And for the contact, I rebooted the panel and I haven’t had any problems with the door not registering yet.

An additional update was run for your z-wave devices and they appear to be populating in Alarm.com, can you confirm this?

Yeah I see them now! Is the linear garage door opener not compatible with the GC3 or something? It can open it but even though it successfully opens, it reports as failed and says it’s still closed…

What is the model number of the device?
How close to the panel did you learn it in at?

If it is the GD00Z-4 we have seen some issues. This thread may help

It’s a linear GD004 and it was part of the smartthings hub and then showed up on alarm.com when the GC3 became secondary controller for smartthings

Yeah we have seen some issues with it, this thread here may shed some light on it.

Hopefully the firmware update will add support for it whenever that comes out