Dome - Leak Sensor

I am looking at different leak sensors. A friend of mine, with SmarthThings, loves the Dome Leak Sensor. It is Z-Wave, but was curious if anyone here has had any experience with it and the GC3 panel?

Thanks

https://domeha.com/z-wave-leak-sensor

Z-wave Sensors are not typically compatible with any dedicated Alarm.com compatible alarm panel.

For a flood/water sensor, (and all sensor type devices)you’ll need a sensor that communicates via the panel’s security sensor RF protocol.

In the case of the GC3, that would be 345 mhz. The RE219 is a good option.

Z-wave with the GC3 and other alarm panels is used exclusively for automation devices like lights, switches, thermostats, door locks, etc.

If it is a Z-wave sensing device that just tells the panel information, it will generally not be compatible. This is usually not a limitation. Sensors using the panel security RF frequency will have better wireless range, reliability, and battery life, typically.

Thank you, I ordered on of those.

Will 2GIG-FT1-345 sensor work with Dome valve or is it only going to work as reporting device?

The 2GIG-FT1-345 would fill the same role as the RE219. It is a 345 MHZ flood sensor. It could be used to control a Z-wave valve control.

(Note that the Dome sensor referred to originally is not a valve control and is not compatible)

OK. Are either 2GIG-FT1-345 or RE219 compatible with CP21 panel and do I need the latest firmware? Thank you

Yes, both the FT1-345 and the RE219 would be compatible. Firmware 1.14 added the equipment code for the 2GIG Flood Sensor.

I programmed one of the FT1-345 sensors per the instructions here: https://suretyhome.com/forums/topic/2gig-ft1-345-programing-on-gc3-panel/
Though the closest Equipment Type is Water, not Flood.
The 2GIG panel appears to report tempter events but I can’t seem to locate it in the alarm.com. Does this have to do with subscription level? If not, how do I make it work with the Dome shut off valve?
Thank you.

To Clarify, the “Dome” device originally linked in this thread is not a valve control and is not compatible.

A post regarding water management is found here.

I’ve made sure Water Management was visible on the account. In order to show the water card you would need a compatible water valve.

Note that compatible Z-wave valves are the Watercop ZWACT and the Fortrezz Z-wave Valve.

I didn’t mean to hijack the thread. Feel free to move it as appropriate.
I’m referring to Dome shut-off valve, not sensor.
The Dome shut-off valve seems to be working with the 2GIG panel and I can control it from alarm.com.
I still don’t see anything for Water Management under my account though.

Not a problem, but I think that would still be the issue here, the Dome is not officially supported by Alarm.com and shows up as a Light Switch rather than water valve in the equipment list.

For water management you’ll need the compatible Watercop ZWACT or the Fortrezz Z-wave Valve.

I just added Watercop ZWACT to the panel.
Water management appears now. How do I configure it to work with the flood sensor?
I thought it’d be under Event-Triggered Rules but don’t see any relevant options. See screen cap.
Thank you.

The rules will be found under the Water Valve card. Click on the arrow on the Water Card on the home page, then select rules at the top.

I do see rules, but nothing relevant to pair the shut-off valve with the flood sensors.
When I hove over the droplet icon I get “0 of of 2 sensors active”. Do I have to activate the sensors?
When I click on Rules - like before I get no option to select anything to associate the sensors with the valve.
How do you test the sensor’s functionality? I thought when I submerge the probe into water it’d generate an alert. Nothing ever happens.

I do see rules, but nothing relevant to pair the shut-off valve with the flood sensors. When I hove over the droplet icon I get “0 of of 2 sensors active”. Do I have to activate the sensors? When I click on Rules – like before I get no option to select anything to associate the sensors with the valve.

Under Rules, you would select to Add a rule, then select “Alarm” and the appropriate flood sensor.

Flood sensors programmed as Auxiliary water alarms do not generate sensor activity. Like smoke detectors they cause an alarm whenever they activate, so you would just use the alarm rule.

How do you test the sensor’s functionality? I thought when I submerge the probe into water it’d generate an alert. Nothing ever happens.

The FT1-345 will trigger after three minutes of water detection, per manual. You would need to leave the probe submerged for a few minutes.

I still don’t see any options to select the flood sensor like I do for light rules (sensor activity) - see screen cap. Maybe I’m misunderstood its function. I thought, when setting up the rule I can select a flood sensor to close a specific shut-off valve when it detects water, correct?

Is there any way to shorten the 3 min delay before the flood sensor gets activated? 3 min is a long time when you’re talking main water break. If not, are you aware of any other sensors that allow more granular control or is it limitation of the panel?
TIA

I still don’t see any options to select the flood sensor like I do for light rules (sensor activity) – see screen cap. Maybe I’m misunderstood its function. I thought, when setting up the rule I can select a flood sensor to close a specific shut-off valve when it detects water, correct?

To clarify, you will not see sensor activity as an option with flood sensors programmed as aux water alarms. That type of sensor goes into Alarm whenever it is tripped. It is not eligible for sensor activity monitoring.

You must simply select Alarm under “when this event occurs” on the rules screen you are looking at. When you select Alarm, you then choose the flood sensor which will trigger the rule when it goes into alarm. This is functionally identical to what you are looking for.

Is there any way to shorten the 3 min delay before the flood sensor gets activated? 3 min is a long time when you’re talking main water break. If not, are you aware of any other sensors that allow more granular control or is it limitation of the panel?

It is not a limitation of the panel, it is the hard-coded function of the sensor. The RE219 is an alternative option and triggers within 30 seconds.

I am using compatible leak sensors, but Dome has a a-wave water shut off valve priced below $100 that does not require a plumber of cutting the existing line. Installation is totally DIY and it much more economical than the shut-offs currently supported.

Would you please put in a formal request for ADC/Qolsys to support this? From my experience, it installs as an "Other Z-Wave Device’, which means I can’t trigger it from the ADC interface nor set up any automations.

Online, some ADC users have reported getting the panel to recognize it as a light (which would work for me), but so far no luck with my IQ Panel 2.

I am using compatible leak sensors, but Dome has a a-wave water shut off valve priced below $100 that does not require a plumber of cutting the existing line. Installation is totally DIY and it much more economical than the shut-offs currently supported.

We’re always happy to forward suggestions or feature requests. In the case of Z-wave it requires firmware support from the various panel manufacturers, so it is not quite as easy as just deciding to support a particular device, but with enough demand these changes do often take effect.

Could you please link to the Z-wave device you are referencing or confirm the model number?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LX3JFR8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Dome says they have asked Qolsys for compatibility but haven’t had any luck so far.