Does the Qolsys IQ Hardwire 16F work with the Qolsys IQ Panel 4?

Hello,

I have a Concord 4/Interlogix system that I’d like to upgrade. From what I read I can use the Qolsys IQ Hardwire 16F to turn my 4 wired zones into wireless. When I look at the details for the Qolsys IQ Hardwire 16F it mentions that it is compatible with the IQ Panel 2+ but there is no mention of the newer IQ Panel 4. Since the newer Panel 4 is the only one being sold by Surety at this time I’d like to confirm that the Qolsys IQ Hardwire 16F will also work with the Panel 4. Can you please let me know if the newer panel works with the Qolsys IQ Hardwire 16F?

I have no desire to keep any of the existing panel hardware at this point. My only desire is to keep the four wired zones, the piezo siren, and the two wireless sensors. The latter, I assume, should already work with the newer panel 4. I think this approach (new IQ Panel and IQ Hardire 16F) is the correct one so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Thanks,
Matt

Yes, the IQ Hardwire 16F is compatible with the 319.5Mhz IQ Panel 4. It can be used to monitor those wired zones and activate a wired piezo siren.

Our store filters can be used to help find compatible products based on the panel model.

Thank you Jason!

I just went through the pain on installing, so a few tips:
The hardwire16 works great with the IQ4 panel. The sensors are reflected a second or two after you trip them, so good response time. The thing you need to be aware of is the HW16 comes with its own power supply 16VDC, 1A. I don’t know about your old system, but mine was really old, and was 16volts too, but AC. So be sure not to reuse the old one without checking. I clocked it at about 700mA while charging the backup battery (be sure to buy one of those too if you have some way to support it by the HW16. I reused the old alarm box and it fit well). You will need an OUTLET near the HW16, unless you plan to run wires through the walls (your application depending of course). I have the old hardwire16s, which does not support remote siren turn-on, so I skipped the siren. Honestly, with the panel and 2 remote panels, it is plenty loud enough. If you are trying to wake the neighbors with an external siren, then you will need to use the HW16 relay. You can also use zwave sirens by just plugging them in, but not outside of course.
Good luck.

If you need more than 500ma you would need a separate power supply, otherwise the Aux output on the Hardwire 16F outputs 12VDC.

Please refer to the device manual for wiring instructions. I’ve added the pertinent section below: