Does ADC Z-Wave offer device-to-device association (for wireless 3-way light)

I was wondering if my ADC-controlled Z-Wave network (Concord 4 Verizon LTE panel) allows for “device to device association” or provides a different way for one light switch to control another in the network.

Specifically, I’m interested in setting up a 3-way light switch system (where there’s currently no wiring for the secondary switch location) by pairing a battery powered Z-Wave light switch to an existing, powered Z-Wave light switch like the GE 14291. FYI, the wireless switch I’m thinking of is the EATON RF9575 (http://www.cooperindustries.com/content/dam/public/wiringdevices/products/documents/instruction_sheets/EIS-0117-EFS.pdf).

1. If I simply add the GE main switch and the new wireless switch to my Z-Wave network, I will be able to control both independently from ADC. BUT, being able to control the wireless switch will not do anything, because it will not be associated with any particular device. Is there a way to associate the wireless switch with the target main switch, so I can control the main switch using the wireless one?

2. According to the manual, I can also just create a mini Z-Wave network consisting of the wireless switch as the Z-Wave controller and the GE switch as its only node. This is not desirable, however, because I will have just created a locally controlled 3-way switching with NO SMART CONTROL via ADC. In this scenario, is it possible to add either of the two switches to my main Z-Wave network as well? (So I have local physical control as well as smart remote control via ADC.)

3. In summary, all I want to do really is to create a 3 way switch without running wires to the secondary location and having control over the light via ADC. What is the best way to accomplish this?

Thank you.

The way this is done on network controllers which do not have the built in capability of association such as the Concord 4 module, you would use a hand-held remote like the Aeon Labs Minimote.

The minimote can associate a transmitter switch which does not control a load to a load-bearing Z-wave switch so that when either is pressed, the desired change occurs on the light.

From ADC:

"Enroll both switches (master and accessory) onto the Z-Wave network.
Enroll the Aeon Labs Minimote onto the Z-Wave network.
Press the Learn button on the Minimote. The blue LED blinks slowly to indicate it’s in learn mode.
Put the panel into Z-Wave add mode. For more panel-specific information on this process, see Z-Wave.
The blue and red LEDs blinks quickly on the Minimote to indicate the Minimote detects the panel.
The blue LED stays solid for two seconds to indicate a successful connection between the Minimote and panel.
A solid red LED for two seconds indicates a connection failure between the Minimote and panel.
Associate light switches (master and accessory) onto the Z-Wave network.
Press Associate on the Minimote. The blue LED blinks slowly to indicate it’s in association mode.
Double tap the paddle on the dimmer/switch (master). When the Minimote detects the master switch, the Minimote blue LED starts blinking quickly.
Double tap the paddle on the accessory switch (LTM – 5). When the Minimote detects the accessory switch, the Minimote blue LED stays solid for two seconds. Repeat this step for each accessory switch.
A solid red LED for two seconds indicates a connection failure between the Minimote and panel.
Press any button on the Minimote to exit association mode.
When associations are complete, delete the Minimote from the Z-Wave network. The deletion process is the same as the enrollment process but put the panel into Z-Wave delete mode. "