Disarm emergency button from ADC app

We have an emergency button hardwired to the back of a GC2. When the emergency button gets pushed it triggers multiple sirens that are connected into an SMP3. When the button was pushed, supposedly the ADC app would not allow them to disarm the system to turn off the sirens. It’s setup as a 24hr audible alarm. My guess is that maybe they had the app open at the same time they were testing the emergency button and therefore since the app doesn’t actively update than it wouldn’t allow them to disarm it since it currently showed the system in a disarm state on their phone. Maybe I’m missing something obvious here though. Let me know if there is a way to get it setup so they can disarm from the ADC app. Thanks!!

Has this setup been working for a while? Has it been tested previously?

I would first want to determine if the SMP3 shuts off the external sirens when the panel is locally disarmed. Are you running one side of the circuit through the open collector on the GC2 terminal board?

Silent alarms will not report on the panel, and to cancel requires changing the arming state, but audible will, bringing up the disarm option immediately. Likewise, with an audible alarm, last I remembered, this would be reflected in the app. I’ll do a little testing to make sure.

It sounds like you weren’t there at the time, is that correct?

I have seen circumstances where external sounders failed to disengage, though the panel was in fact disarmed, so I would want to rule that out.

Thanks for the quick reply!! During the initial setup, we only tested the disarm from the GC2 locally which worked perfectly fine and still does. We did not test disarming from the app at the initial setup. I was not there at the time it was tested from the app.

The wires are landed on the siren slots on the terminal board. Bell + and Bell - and then the 3 or 4 sirens are hardwired into the SMP3 so that it can support the amps. Should we use the open collector instead?

Sirens do indeed disengage when disarmed locally from the panel.

I also thought that the app would show alarms for 24hr audible alarms and then you’d be able to disarm that but that is something I have not tested. Let me know if you find something more out and I’ll do the same. Thanks!!

The wires are landed on the siren slots on the terminal board. Bell + and Bell – and then the 3 or 4 sirens are hardwired into the SMP3 so that it can support the amps. Should we use the open collector instead?

I just wanted to verify how you had it wired. That is fine. Open Collector is programmable, so you could use it so the external sirens only go off for specific types of alarms.

Were you able to do any testing to see if you could disarm the system from the app when a sensor is setup on 24hr audible alarm?

Yes, you can in fact send a disarm command. You cannot do so from the home page of the app, you need to go to the security page.

Thanks so much Jason! That worked for us! :slight_smile: