Disable Alarm Panel using Schlage Lock

Hi. I have a Schlage model # FE599 door lock installed and connected to my 2GIG panel via zwave. The 2GIG Firmware is version 1.10.1

The lock works fine and I can program a new user and assign them access to the door lock using their 4 digit code.

I want to disable the Alarm when a user enters their code on the door lock. Can this be done? In the rules it allows me to lock/unlock the door when the Alarm is set, but I don’t see any rules that would allow me to do “something” when the door is unlocked via an access code.

Thanks for any help.

Glenn

It can be done but I’m struggling to figure out why it’s not showing as an option on your Alarm.com account. Sorry for the delay while we are looking into this. We will reply as soon as we have more information.

When you create a rule one of the first options should be “Automate My: Security System” and then you can choose “When this event occurs: My Door Unlocked by User Code”.

Thanks Ryan. I’ve been testing this Schlage lock for a few days. Seems to work ok. Not real crazy how the batteries are accessed. Basically have to disassemble the lock to gain access to the batteries :slight_smile:

I’ll be testing some Yale locks over the weekend to see how they perform. The Yale locks are the same model as you list on your site.

I’ll take another look at the lock rules to see if I overlooked something on my end.

This, I would bet quite a bit of money on, would be an issue related to 2GIG firmware/Schlage interaction.

A number of issues plagued the two in the past, but this seems particularly relevant to the current question.

I do not remember not being able to set up disarm automation, but I think it was removed due to instability.

2GIG firmware 1.13 should resolve it, and give access to that feature. I’ll verify to make sure.

Thanks for the info. Is v1.13 available? Not sure how to go about getting the update…

Indeed it is. Good timing on the question as well. I just got done confirming this as the issue. It looks like a minimum of firmware 1.12 is needed for this functionality with schlage.

Do you have a firmware update cable?

The firmware itself is available for download on our site.

Thanks Jason. I don’t have a cable.

I did install some Yale Locks this weekend, and they are working fine - seems to have all the features enabled. So at this time I’m not going to update the panel, unless you think it has other fixes that might be needed.

Just FYI for anyone that’s interested.

• The Yale Locks are about 1/8" taller than the Schlage lock.

• Yale is a little harder to mechanically install. More stuff to do. Need 3 hands sometimes :slight_smile:

• Luv the Voice feature of the Yale to setup the features. Makes setup super easy.

• The Schlage has push button inside lock/unlock. Nice - high tech feel, but the button action activates when the button is released - so it’s a little strange to push a button and nothing happens… until you release it. The Yale still uses the old fashion mechanical lock system - that can bind up and not lock if it not installed correctly.

-The Yale has a feature so you can lock it from the outside by touching the keypad - no key needed - nice. Best I can tell you can’t lock the Schlage from the outside.

Both locks do the job, but I do think the Schlage has a little more high tech appeal mainly because of the sleeker looking design. IMO.