difference of: Sensor Security Monitoring vs Sensor Activity Monitoring v

Is there a link someplace that defines what each of these services are and the differences? What “events” or scenarios use up each of these?

Sensor Security Monitoring (All Sensors)
Sensor Activity Monitoring (50 Sensors)
Image Motion Detectors (40 Events per Month)

Happy to help! This page goes over the difference between Activity Monitoring and Security Monitoring in detail.

Image Sensor Events are still images taken and uploaded to ADC via the Alarm.com Image Sensor. 40 uploads/month are included with Gold Interactive. If you do not have Image Sensors it would not be relevant.

So I have image sensors… So every time I get an image on the alarm.com app from an image sensor that is one of the 40?

Also, if I understand the definition of Sensor Activity Monitoring correctly this means that whenever a sensor is tripped I get notified. So at the moment I am setup so that whenever a sensor is open/closed I get a text message. I only have the Basic Interactive plan. According to this page:

The basic interactive does not have any Sensor Activity Monitoring, but I get the text messages.

Am I not understanding something correctly? Or am I getting away with something? lol…

So I have image sensors…. So every time I get an image on the alarm.com app from an image sensor that is one of the 40?

No. If you use Basic Interactive, only Alarm images are available.

Image Sensors can be set up with additional image rules triggered by other non-alarm activity with Gold Interactive, counting toward the 40 total. Alarm-generated images are not capped on either Gold or Basic Interactive.

The basic interactive does not have any Sensor Activity Monitoring, but I get the text messages.

Am I not understanding something correctly?

Alarm.com recently added support for Activity Monitoring with Basic Interactive, yes, however it is not retroactive with older Basic Interactive accounts and cannot be unfortunately. But yes activity monitoring is actually an included bonus for Basic currently.

oh that’s great news! yay!