Difference between go control panels

Hi guys, what is the difference between the CPI 11-345 and the CPI 21-345 and the CPI 21-345GCX models? I believe protection 1 uses the latter of the 3

Just wondering
Thank you

difference between the CPI 11-345 and the CPI 21-345 and the CPI 21-345GCX models?

those are all CP1 models (old). Generally you do not want a CP1 panel.

Differences between panels in general consist of hardware revisions, firmware versions, and zwave versions . CP11 and GCX are older hardware back from like 2010-2011, (and the CP21 is newest 2GIG GC2 panel).

Any panel with at least firmware version 1.6 can be upgraded to current version. Zwave version is not upgradable.

You can tell the hardware revisions by the panel buttons (“emergency” old, “symbols” are newer)

Hardware changes include newer zwave radio, newer/improved speakers, Optional POTS module, revised motherboard with barrel plug power supply, etc

A. older CP1 zwave v 2.78 (2010-2011 or earlier)

I am having trouble identifying mine. It has the emergency and home words and not symbols, yet it looks like the latest version picture on the circuit board

I am having trouble identifying mine. It has the emergency and home words and not symbols, yet it looks like the latest version picture on the circuit board

The attached photo is the same as the A photo above with included POTS connector. The sticker indicates 2011.

All panels with words instead of symbols under the emergency button are the older model.

It says the newer panel has a barrel plug in connector.

My current one has 2 wires for power I affix at the terminals.

The wire is run through walls and I dont want to re fish wire through my walls.

Do the new (CPI 21-345E) panels accept the barrel AND the bare wire power (so I can hook up at the terminals)

If not, could I just cut the barrel off the power supply to the new one, and attach it to my existing wire?

Is the transformer that plugs into the wall the same transformer (with wire you attach to terminals to the transformer as well?)

The barrel plug is optional and the terminal block is the same, so you could wire it up the same as the current one with the same cabling.

It uses the same transformer.