Dialer Delay Question

I have dialer delay on certain sensors. It’s my understanding that the delay before setting the alarm off is 30 seconds, which is what I want. On this particular occassion (can’t remember this morning or yesterday morning - long days), the sensor(door) was tripped with alarm in armed/stay mode. The panel was dinging away but I couldn’t get to it before the siren started sounding. It actually sounded for about 10 seconds before I could get my code in to disarm.

With the delay option on, is there a certain number of seconds it will ding and a certain amount it will fire the siren off, or just 30 seconds ding and right to active alarm?

When the siren has gone off in the past, I’ve always gotten somebody on the 2-way asking if everything’s ok. This time I waited for a bit, but nothing. Can you tell me if the alarm went through or should I take this up with the monitoring station?

Also, all other devices that were supposed to activate during an alarm did, e.g., camera & image sensor.

Thanks…

With the delay option on, is there a certain number of seconds it will ding and a certain amount it will fire the siren off, or just 30 seconds ding and right to active alarm

No.

Sensor dialer delay doesn’t affect the siren ring duration, or alarming of panel. It just increases the delay for pending signaling.

See: http://suretydiy.com/forums/topic/dialer-delay/#post-23389

By “ding” I assume you are referring to the delay entry tones. You can increase all your entry/exit delays, and the length of time your sirens activate for:

Q5 EXIT DELAY
Q6 ENTRY DELAY 1
Q7 ENTRY DELAY 2

Q36 BURLARY BELL CUTOFF
Q37 FIRE BELL CUTOFF (I have my fire bell set for unlimited (4) never cutoff unless alarm cleared/panel reset)

When the siren has gone off in the past, I’ve always gotten somebody on the 2-way asking if everything’s ok. This time I waited for a bit, but nothing. Can you tell me if the alarm went through or should I take this up with the monitoring station?

If you disarmed within the pending alarm period, you may not be contacted by central station, otherwise, if the alarm event was received at alarm.com, and the delay had elapsed prior to your disarming (not panel delay, but signal dialer delay) and central station never contacted you via 2way or phone, then this is something you want to correct ASAP.

Thanks riven. Did change a couple settings using your example. I’m going to check and see what it looks like in the history on ADC site.

I was thinking that since the delay entry tones had gone into full blown siren, it was supposed to be reported. Now I know that may not be that case.

P.S. Text me if you have extras of anything. :slight_smile:

Normally, most program the sensor zones with delay at (0), and so as soon as panel alarms, alarm signaling occurs (pending alarm signaling having occurred as soon as sensor was tripped if delay entry type sensor or interior follower)

Yeah, I know. But some of the meds I’m on give me a pretty shotty memory. I’ll arm the alarm, and a few minutes later forget that I did. Already had 3 false this year.

I’m looking for a large magnetic sign like we used to have at work stuck on the safes. One side says OPEN and the other SECURE. Need one that says ARMED and DISARMED. Lol.

Hang it right on my doors and flip it as soon as I arm/disarm.

I don’t really rely on the ADC app anymore. I’ve seen it say armed when it was disarmed, garage open when it was closed, etc. I think it’s a refresh issue.

Dialer delay setting:

Q35(1) DEFAULT 30 SEC

(0) 15 SEC
(2) 45 SEC