Detailed pics of IQ2 wall mount version (aka IQ Remote)

For those of you who are curious what the new IQ2 looks like I have attached some pictures.

Near as I can tell it’s the same tablet manufacturer and pretty much the same guts as before and acts identical to the older IQ2. It looks much nicer on the wall and feels very solid, and it’s nice to be able to run power from the back.

The wall mount bracket is decently solid, requires 5 screw holes to mount it. Any less and it doesn’t feel as though it’s mounted as solidly as you’d like. They give you screws, but inexplicably no wall anchors. I simply used my own but would have been nice if they have supplied them considering that unless you have 3-4 studs together there is no way you’re going to be able to mount this thing without wall anchors.

Also instead of the admittedly nice metal stand in the last version, in this version you get a cheap plastic stand. No big deal since it’s clearly meant to be mounted.

The power cable is separated into two wires which lends itself well to running power over CAT6 or other suitable wiring. I have one installed with a 40’ run of CAT 6 using four wires from CAT6 cable for each of the two wires coming from power supply (so using all 8 wires from CAT6 for power) and it seems to work great.

While so far I am pretty happy with how it turned out I am still on day 2 of having these things. I still have a complaint with the RESET hole. It’s absurdly small and most paper clips won’t even fit. I had to use my wife’s earring post to reset it on the old panel. It remains to be seen if these newer panels are as unstable as the original IQ2’s but if they are you better find a small paper clip and tape it to the back of this thing for easy access. As well I have a complaint with the viewing angles which are as poor with this model as they were with the IQ2. Unless you are looking straight on the display washes out very quickly. It’s certainly usable but a bit disappointing.

Also instead of the admittedly nice metal stand in the last version, in this version you get a cheap plastic stand. No big deal since it’s clearly meant to be mounted.

There seems to be no happy medium eh? The tablet stands with the first one were comparably very nice. But I assume they intend this to be the one used on the wall and the other on a desk/stand.

The power cable is separated into two wires which lends itself well to running power over CAT6 or other suitable wiring. I have one installed with a 40′ run of CAT 6 using four wires from CAT6 cable for each of the two wires coming from power supply (so using all 8 wires from CAT6 for power) and it seems to work great.

Interesting. What is the voltage on the supply? I would have assumed 5V still.

It’s still 5V.

I am now at 1 week runtime with zero hiccups on these new panels. I am cautiously optimistic as I don’t think I ever got to 1 week runtime on my old IQ2 panels, and when they do work there is no more lag. For example, “Status” works reliably and quickly whereas before it would take a few seconds to pull the data.

Since these panels have the same internals as the old ones by Qolsys’ admission, and since they are on the same software, I would probably conclude there was a bad run of panels at one point or they shored up some of the internals along the way.

I know 1.6 is supposed to be out sometime this month too which should hopefully provide further stability.

I’ll update in another 1-2 weeks as to whether they make it without a reset.

Well that sounds promising. Thanks for the update!

Any update on when and where to buy the new IQ2 wall mount?

Apologies if I missed this info in another post.

No apologies needed! Here is a post where some can be found.

I do not have an ETA when they will be available here, but I’m told soon.