Detached Garage Motion Sensor

Im planning out my new system and trying to figure out how to secure my detached garage. Here’s my thoughts.

I want to put in motion and a window sensor in my detached garage. My concern is that my wife will pull into the garage w her car before turning off the alarm, triggering an alarm every time.

If I incorporate a garage door opener into ADC, is there a way to create a rule saying that if garage door is opened, deactivate sensors in the garage? I’m trying to figure out the easiest way to secure the garage
Thank you

If I incorporate a garage door opener into ADC, is there a way to create a rule saying that if garage door is opened, deactivate sensors in the garage?

No, there is not a way to do that. The system would need to be disarmed or on Arm Stay mode in order for the motion to not trigger an alarm.

With MyQ or Linear garage automation, you can set up rules to turn on/off light or begin camera recording based on the garage’s open/close status.

You can also close the garage based on arming the panel or when disarming the panel, open the garage.

Ugh. The issue is that there is a window in the garage that someone could enter through independent of the garage door.

Is it possible to have a disarm scene or option that also opens the garage?

A scene that disarms the panel and opens the garage with the same action is an option, but it could potentially still cause a false alarm if the door opens before the disarm command reaches the panel. It should be possible with the panel connected to Dual Path for broadband commands, but even then command latency will likely cause an issue at times.

You may want to consider an Entry/Exit sensor on the door and a shock sensor on the window instead of the motion in that case.

Thanks for the reply. So what would I need and how would that work.

I’m trying to make this as simple as possible.

Instead of the motion I would recommend an outdoor rated contact with a wired input, like the PG9312. You could then use a wired shock sensor

The Door could use a PG9312 and a wired overhead door contact.

This would limit false alarms I think compared to a motion.

You could instead use a tilt sensor for the garage, but it wouldn’t be as precise as a wired door contact.

So the powerg contact would cover the window in the garage. Assuming the glass break sensor is just in case of a smash in on window, right?

What is the wired overhead contact? Never seen that before and not sure what Im looking at.

One PG9312 for the window + wired shock in case of glass breaking. The shock is optional.

One PG9312 for the door, which would use a wired overhead garage contact. A roll up door should use a wired contact designed for installation on the roll up overhead door.

The PG9312 has a wired input inside it to make use of wired contacts.

I think I see. So the metal contact thing on amazon would get wired into the pg312? I didnt realize it would get wired to the sensor. Judge from the video on the DSC website, it looks pretty straight forward.

Also, why the outdoor sensor relative to a different powerG window/door sensor.

So the metal contact thing on amazon would get wired into the pg312?

Yes. The overhead contact would be wired into the wire input terminals inside the PG9312. The PG9312 would then act as the transmitter.

I recommend using the outdoor sensor model due to the detached garage location. If it is not a temperature and humidity controlled environment, go with the outdoor sensor to avoid future issues.