Deleting sensors

I purchased a new IQ2 panel and set my system up recently. After looking at the sensor test I have 2 sensors that are showing poor signal which isn’t a surprise because I would sometimes lose the supervisory signal when I was with Frontpoint.

I have ordered two Powerg sensors to replace them, but would like to keep them in the same zone when setting them up. How do I delete a sensor and make sure the new sensor Doesn’t just get added to the end of the list?

You can delete a sensor and the next sensor learned in should replace that zone number.

So say you have 10 sensors learned in, and you delete the zone 4 window sensor but then you learn in a new sensor, that one will be zone 4.

To delete a sensor, swipe down from the home screen to open the settings tray and click on:

• Settings
  • Advanced Settings
  • Enter the Installer Code
  • Installation
  • Devices
  • Security Sensors
  • Delete Sensor

From there just click to select the device(s) you want to delete.

Just a note to anyone in the future reading this and is confused about “Installation” not showing in the settings – the installer code is different from the user code. Make sure to use your installer code, I guess this is 1111 out of the box.

1 Like

Correct. Master User code by default is 1234. This user code cannot access installation menu.

Installer code by default is 1111.

Dealer code by default is 2222.

Surety users can remotely change their installer or dealer codes through the Surety system manager.