Deleting a Zwave Device

Good Evening.
I bought a second S2000 and it’s not communicating. When I tried to add it in, the light did stay solid. I tried to delete it and start over, BUT, My SEM module’s L5 never went into a “Group of Two” to delete my device (ID5?). I don’t have “Mobile Tech” to help me. Can a delete device be sent from Surety so I might try to add this device again? How can I read what devices are registered in my ZWave in my SEM?

For the record…The L5 only blinks either 4 times or 3 times. and My SEM L5 never went solid.

I am not seeing a Device with Node ID 5. It looks like a new successfully included temp sensor is showing as Node ID 6, which has been given a name.

Are you still having any trouble with this?

No, I think I got it figured out. My SEM never went into a “2 Flash” as per the at the module instructions. It was 4 flashes then 3 flashes and never went solid as per the book? How can I see what is loaded in the Zwave Hub, or is that ADC’s secret?

The SEM is not as DIY friendly when it comes to Z-wave network management. The Vista and DSC panels do not interface with Z-wave or display that info locally. However, you can see devices connected to your system under Settings > Manage Devices.

Tonite I tried to ad a Yale B1L lock like the one I have on the front door (ID2) after many attempts to install reinstall, I quit. Are you able to remove any/all locks that may have been added above ID6, so I might try again? ADC really dosesn’t support the DIY very well.

There are no nodes above ID6.

Steps for enrolling a device are found below:

For a lock, a couple general considerations:

1. The lock should be within about 6 feet of the SEM when learning it in. Bring the lock to the SEM to pair it for best results.
  2. Referenced on the how to page above, you may need to run the Delete Device steps on a Z-wave device before successfully adding it. Even if purchased new, Z-wave devices are sometimes tested by the factory, and retain parent network data. This data must be deleted before the device can be enrolled in any other Z-wave network. Any controller, including the SEM, can erase this data by way of the standard exclusion process.

I “Factory Reset” the lock before I programed it. Are You able to come in from You side and delete any device above ID6?

You don’t have any Z-wave devices beyond ID 6. I can see your device list and I have requested an updated list from the system. You do not have any new devices.

Based on your SEM’s reports to ADC the device you are referencing was never successfully paired.

It is possible the factory reset was not successful, or that your SEM never received the signal from the lock. Please be sure to run a Delete Device procedure first before attempting to re-add the lock, and please confirm that it was done with the lock within 6 feet to make sure it is successful.

Just in case since it wasn’t referenced in the response, I want to stress that the proximity is not optional. It is possible to pair a Z-wave lock from a little farther away, but it is way more likely to fail part of the initial communication and not complete pairing successfully.

One other thing unique to the Yale locks is that they have a modular Z-wave chip. Make sure your lock has the Z-wave radio installed above the batteries.

when I was trying to pair the lock (Yale B1L), I was right next to the SEM Module. My module as I have stated above, only does 4 blink groups and 3 blink groups on LED5. I never saw it do groups of 2 flashes. I would be sure nice if ADC recognized the DIYers.

When you perform the steps for removal, regardless of the LED flashing 3 times instead of 2, do you hear the system Beep when you perform step 6? (Trigger a device to erase its network data and delete it from the network.)

It looks like previously you were able to delete a device as that node no longer shows up on your system.

Yes, It is suppose to beep two times for enrollment, and 5 times for removeal. I only ever heard it beep twice. when I put the SEM in Enrollment, then I pushed the Yale to enroll. Heard it beep twice. never did get recognized. I will Factory Reset, configure the Master Password, the try the enroll again, since You said there isn’t anything above ID6

There is a happy ending to this story. I paired it with my old Samsung Smart Things Hub to see if the Zwave was actually working. It was. So I removed it from the Samsung and THEN was able to pair it with the ADC SEM. The down side is that by configuring it before mounting it, it did not orient itself for left hand/right hand door knob. Of course it’s backwards. “Online Support” says to Reset to Factory Default and start with it mounted. I am sure that that will be easy to reconfigure to the SEM now, since I got it to work before. Again, as always, thank You for help and direction.