Delay between sensors and ADC

Hello, I have a few questions. First, I notice that there is a delay, sometimes of several minutes (sometimes it says “failed”), when I want to arm/disarm the device from my phone. I also notice that several sensors sometimes do not register a door open/close, or if they do register it, the alarm.com interface will not populate the activity until hours later.

Will the 2GiG bridge solve this problem? Is the bridge compatible with my panel? It’s the previous generation panel (2GIG CP-2?) with a Verizon network module.

Lastly, and I know this isn’t technical support, but I don’t want to spam the forums with posts- can we now add non alarm.com camera’s to the system? I read the information on the ADC 4 channel video server, but I’m not understanding what I need to do. I’d like to add 4 non-ADC camera’s to my account and be able to get alerts and have 24/7 recording locally/cloud. Is this a possibility? Thanks in advance.

I notice that there is a delay, sometimes of several minutes (sometimes it says “failed”)

When was the last time you attempted to send a remote command? Your signal strength is more than optimal.

several sensors sometimes do not register a door open/close, or if they do register it, the alarm.com interface will not populate the activity until hours later.

Has this been happening since you installed the sensors or more recently? Which sensors are causing this error? The reporting is not always immediate regarding activity monitoring. There is a small delay and for instances where you open then close a sensor a couple times in quick succession, it will only report once.

Do these sensors report open/close on the panel properly every time?

Will the 2GiG bridge solve this problem

The Go!Bridge can add redundancy to signals which can speed up reporting if the breakdown occurs between the panel and alarm.com. However, if the issue is local, the Go!Bridge won’t really fix that issue.

Is the bridge compatible with my panel?

In order for the Go!Bridge to work with your panel you will require the 900mhz XCVR as well as having firmware ver. 1.12 or higher in addition to an internet connection.

can we now add non alarm.com camera’s to the system?
Which Cameras are you looking to add? Currently, the only non Alarm.com cameras that are compatible are the Skybell HD Doorbell and the HD100. However, you can use the VS420 (4-Channel Video Server). This allows you to connect up to 4 Analog cameras and convert them to an IP signal to use through the website. So everything you can do with the ADC cameras in terms of recording and playback you can do with a non-adc analog device.

With regard to the cameras, if you need 24/7 surveillance and want to go analog with the video server, note the VS420 will provide cloud clips with ADC cloud video but not 24/7 recording.

What you could do though is use a stand-alone dvr for 24/7 recording. Most analog camera DVRs will have an analog BNC input as well as a Loop out. You could loop the video feed through the VS420 then to add ADC cloud clips and integration with your security system.

Would the DVR need BNC Output for each channel? I’m looking at this too and the DVRs that have output only have 1 BNC Output. Just wondering how that would work if there are 4 or 8 cameras being input to the DVR.

It’s not a BNC Output you are looking for. If labeled “Output” it would be a monitor output displaying the video feeds as they would through VGA or other monitor connection.

Specifically look for “Loop” outputs. There will be one per camera channel input.

When was the last time you attempted to send a remote command? Your signal strength is more than optimal.

I send remote commands about once a day. My panel displays great signal strength, and sometimes the commands are acted on within 5 seconds. Sometimes they fail, sometimes they take 5 minutes.

Has this been happening since you installed the sensors or more recently? Which sensors are causing this error? The reporting is not always immediate regarding activity monitoring. There is a small delay and for instances where you open then close a sensor a couple times in quick succession, it will only report once.

As far as the delay in remote commands, since I installed. As far as sensors failing to report activity, since installation also. For instance, some days I can track my pet sitter entering, going out the back door, entering again, and leaving. Some days, the back door doesn’t report, some days it doesn’t report when she’s leaving through the front door, etc. Sometimes I will check ADC and not see any activity hours afterwards, but I can see it next day.

Do these sensors report open/close on the panel properly every time?

They do. Every time I open a door I hear the panel repeat it properly.

The Go!Bridge can add redundancy to signals which can speed up reporting if the breakdown occurs between the panel and alarm.com. However, if the issue is local, the Go!Bridge won’t really fix that issue.

How can I figure out if the problem is local or between the panel and ADC? I just recently bought a Schlage Connect, and I notice the same thing happens- sometimes the delay is 5 seconds, sometimes 5 minutes. My wife tried it and it failed. It sits 4 feet from the panel.

In order for the Go!Bridge to work with your panel you will require the 900mhz XCVR as well as having firmware ver. 1.12 or higher in addition to an internet connection.

Is there a way I can tell if I have the XCVR without removing my panel from the wall? I’ve bought everything from this website, but can’t seem to find my purchase history for that order. I have firmware 1.10 so I will have to upgrade.

In order of what I should try, what do you suggest? Transceiver, Firmware, Bridge? Thanks in advance.

As far as the delay in remote commands, since I installed. As far as sensors failing to report activity, since installation also. For instance, some days I can track my pet sitter entering, going out the back door, entering again, and leaving. Some days, the back door doesn’t report, some days it doesn’t report when she’s leaving through the front door, etc. Sometimes I will check ADC and not see any activity hours afterwards, but I can see it next day.

Are you exclusively using history to check these details? Do you have any notifications set up?

If it is in the history, keep in mind there will be a delay between like signals registering activity without the system armed. For example, if someone opens, closes, then opens and closes the same door again within a couple minutes, you will just typically see “Door Opened/Closed” in history.

It would be good to troubleshoot though, because it sounds like this may not tell the whole story. When is the last time the panel was power cycled? Have you tried that to troubleshoot?

You would want to unplug ac plug first, then battery, wait 2 minutes, then plug in battery, then AC.

Is there a way I can tell if I have the XCVR without removing my panel from the wall? I’ve bought everything from this website, but can’t seem to find my purchase history for that order. I have firmware 1.10 so I will have to upgrade.

If you do not have a TS1 secondary touchpad or an Image Sensor you would have no need for an XCVR2, so it’s unlikely. However if you open the panel it is obvious from the corkscrew antenna coming off the XCVR2. This would be missing on the regular transceiver.

In order of what I should try, what do you suggest? Transceiver, Firmware, Bridge? Thanks in advance.

We are always happy to help. I would first try a full power cycle. I would recommend setting up a few activity notifications for the doors you want to monitor. Test these for a short while. Do they all report as expected?

Have you run a network rediscovery after installing the lock? Also, Schlage has had some notorious issues with 2GIG panels for a while, but all of the issues I am aware of were resolved by 1.13 firmware. Upgrading firmware may help with lock issues as well as prep for a Bridge should you use one.

Ok, I power cycled and did a network rediscovery. The actions are showing up on ADC, but the arm command and unlock/disarm command are still taking over a minute to work.

I do see an arm command which is hanging without being acknowledged.

Can you run a cell phone test from the panel. Does the panel arm immediately following cell test?

Ran a cell phone test to disarm, seemed to work. It’s hit or miss really, sometimes it’s instant sometimes it hangs. Same with all other commands done remotely.

I will suggest some further troubleshooting, but it will be based off of response from ADC. I am going to have ADC look into the area to see if other issues are being reported so the cell carrier can investigate.

Thank you. If it isn’t an issue with them, what is the next suggestion? I need to reliably be able to send commands from my phone for an upcoming trip. Thanks again for your help.

Alarm.com has done some remote troubleshooting and has sent a few commands in an attempt to clear up communication. Can you please fully power down your panel for at least two minutes, and remove - reseat the communication module on its connector pins.

Also take a look at the module antenna connector and make sure nothing is physically loose.

After doing so, do you notice consistent improvement?

If not, one last thing we can try to troubleshoot is gone over in this video. It will force OTASP and reconnect your module.

Tried both suggestions and the one on the video, nothing worked. Sometimes it’s within 15 seconds, sometimes it hangs for a few minutes.

Take a look at where the antenna connects to the module board. The antenna port affixes to the board with four feet, soldered on. If the antenna gets stuck or pulled too hard, these connections can break and the antenna port can come loose. Can you check this to make sure?

The antenna is connected properly, doesn’t appear to be any loose connections from what I can tell. I am leaving for a trip shortly and need to make sure my system is 100 percent reliable remotely. Any other suggestions? Thanks.

Can you send some test commands so we can see them going through? I’m not seeing any delays recently on command acknowledgements.

When you get a chance, send a few arm commands/disarm commands. Note the app will take longer to update than for the command to take effect.

I am sending an arm command as we speak and it’s hanging. I’m right in front of the panel.

I got “panel command timed out”, and then a minute later it armed. It disarmed within 5 seconds. Sometimes it hangs indefinitely on arming and disarming, sometimes it’s instant, there’s no rhyme or reason to why this occurs.

I do see the latest arm command with a large delay. I will update ADC.

This looks like it is affecting inbound commands, not outbound.

Do you use or do you know if any neighbors use a cellular network extender?