Default Installer Code on 2GIG Panel and Updating Firmware

Hi,

Before purchasing a firmware upgrade cable from you, I am wanting to make sure upgrading the firmware will give me control my panel, i.e. removing the installer and resetting the installer code back to the default?

The installer will not give me the code and will only change it by a service call to the home for not much less than I could by a new panel. I had monitoring and z-wave with the installer through alarm.com. I entered the ADC number with the following result:

Sorry, your Alarm.com cellular module XXXXXX can not currently be used with a new Alarm.com account. This module is no longer supported. Due to its age and inactivity, it will no longer be able to communicate on the carrier network. Please ensure the serial number is entered correctly. If you continue to receive this message, please try a different module.

My unit shows the installer in the lower left corner of the home screen where you would click and login with the installer code. I reset the unit by turning off power to the unit, holding the two buttons down, and turning the power back on keeping the buttons held down for 45 seconds.

It reset the unit, deleted all of my devices and IDs, but did not delete the installer still showing at the bottom right of the home screen, and it did not reset the installer code back to 1561. From my reading, I was somewhat expecting this result.

I am not wanting call center monitoring at this time, I just want the installer removed from my system and to be able to login with the default installer code. From my reading, I believe I can accomplish this by purchasing the usb ts1 4-pin cable from you to load the latest version of the firmware? My unit has higher than 1.5 firmware, i.e. v1.9.5 and appears is high enough, higher than 1.9, to load the latest firmware release without the 1.10 version first.

Thanks

Happy to assist!

Before purchasing a firmware upgrade cable from you, I am wanting to make sure upgrading the firmware will give me control my panel, i.e. removing the installer and resetting the installer code back to the default?

This is not correct, updating the firmware would have no bearing on defaulting the Installer Code.

Sorry, your Alarm.com cellular module XXXXXX can not currently be used with a new Alarm.com account. This module is no longer supported. Due to its age and inactivity, it will no longer be able to communicate on the carrier network. Please ensure the serial number is entered correctly. If you continue to receive this message, please try a different module.

This means that the module can no longer be used. The module is no longer supported by the carrier.

My unit shows the installer in the lower left corner of the home screen where you would click and login with the installer code. I reset the unit by turning off power to the unit, holding the two buttons down, and turning the power back on keeping the buttons held down for 45 seconds.

While this process will reset the panel, it will not default the Installer Code if Q44 and 45 have been set by the previous installer. The Installer code would be locked and in this case it appears that the installer code cannot be defaulted.

With service through suretyDIY, commands would be sent to default panel programming, including the Installer code. However, service through suretyDIY requires an unregistered Alarm.com cellular module that can communicate with the network.

In your case it appears that a new module would be required. Should you be interested, we offer the 3G AT&T module as well as the 4G Verizon LTE module, the latter of which would require firmware version 1.19.

My unit has higher than 1.5 firmware, i.e. v1.9.5 and appears is high enough, higher than 1.9, to load the latest firmware release without the 1.10 version first.

1.5 or higher would be required in order to utilize the 2GIG USB Update cable