Deadbolt extends on its own after I own the door

Have a Yale PRO SL (p/n YRD156-ZW2-619). Sometimes I will open the door to exit the house, and before I can close the door the deadbolt has extended on its own and I end up smashing the extended deadbolt into the casing around the door.

I’m reaching out to you because I have this lock setup to automatically disarm the system when a user enters the code on the lock’s keypad. This feature has been working fine, but I wasn’t sure if perhaps there is some other rule that is being created as it relates to the front door sensor being tripped?

I wonder if you could take a look at my system and see if you see any commands from the panel being sent to the lock.

This happened about 3 times today already.

Thanks

Automatic re-locking features are an option in most Yale lock programming, not Alarm.com rules.

If your lock automatically relocks itself after a short period, that means the auto-relock option is enabled.

From the manual:

Automatic Re locking is not enabled. I also reached out to Yale. All they could offer is that maybe I was accidentally hitting the keypad on the lock and activating the “one touch locking” feature. I don’t think I was doing that either.

You do have locking automation rules based on the specific trigger of arming the system, so that may be the cause.

Looks like you have a 1 minute delay when arming away, and have it set to immediately lock when armed stay. If those rules aren’t working with how you use the system and leave the home, adjust the delay times in the rules. Visit the Alarm.com > Automation page to adjust it.