CS not responding appropriately

Thank you Jason! I look forward to hearing from you!

Thank you for your patience. Let me know if you get a chance to test now!

Hey Jason good news! The no disregard per abort has been tested this evening and all is working. I will test active alarms tomorrow evening and let you know from that aspect (don’t wanna annoy my neighbors with the siren as I am in a townhouse lol). I’ll update on that aspect tomorrow evening. Thank you so much for all your diligent work on this issue! :slight_smile: :grin:

@jwcsurety

Hey Jason so just had a false alarm caused by my sister visiting and opening a door when the sytem was armed and they did follow no disregard per abort correctly this time but they still verified by phone number instead of password until I asked if they needed my password. so either the software is still not working with the surety specific requirements for password verification on alarm calls or the operators are not following yalls requirements. Can you follow up with Avantguard to see what happened this time. in this specific case I dont even think they asked for my last name let alone the password to disregard.

also i still have not had a chance to test what they are going to do in an active alarm with no abort but will monday evening but at least we know the no diregard is working they just still are not verifying passwords for disregards.

I am surprised to hear there was another issue. I spoke with their management and they have confirmed that the operator did not follow the plan on the account. The operator is being provided 1 on 1 training to resolve.

Let me know when you test. Please let me know if you notice any inconsistency in the response.

Hey @jwcsurety sorry it took so long to get around to testing. I tested the active alarm scenario just now and yet again it was no password needed. Then i testing with a disarm to send an abort and never did receive a call on the disregard. This is very aggravating as I am sure it is for you guys too. What do we need to do to fix this the way it is supposed to be. I don’t understand why everything was great for the longest time and now their operators refuse to follow both you guys password procedures and customer no disregard per abort requests.

Hey @jwcsurety just tested again with the abort scenario and same result this time. No call. Will test active alarm again in a bit to see if it is an operator issue that is continuing to happen not following the action plans or a system issue.

Also I wonder if it had something to do with the account updates when I moved last month. None of these issues occurred at the old house.

Also I wonder if it had something to do with the account updates when I moved last month. None of these issues occurred at the old house.

It certainly started with recent updates, but I am not certain why this is so difficult for them to resolve permanently. There is something unique in the data setup. Did you recently make any further changes to the account?

Did you make changes in System Manager to any professional monitoring details? Add any monitoring related features like chat or video verification?

The only change I have made since the move was adding 4 cams/more video clips. I think since I moved I also added a contact to the call list with their own individual password as well in system manager @jwcsurety

Is there any update on this @jwcsurety

Yes. I’ve been making some noise and it looks like they’ve identified some things specific to the no disregard per abort rules which were potentially confusing operators. I’m told these instructions have been re-written.

Let me know if you get a chance to test to be sure it performs as expected for you. I’ve not seen the same errors when testing myself.

You guys are awesome Jason! I’ll test this evening after work and updat the thread @jwcsurety

@jwcsurety I am new to this thread. Is there a way also to add the no disregard per abort rule to my account also?

You have to send a private message requesting it from your system manager. @byers

That works! Thank you so much!

@jwcsurety now I am VERY concerned tonight I set off an active alarm with no abort for 3 minutes straight and not a single person called me AT ALL. I called in to the central station and they said well it was because it was aborted I’m like yeah 3 minutes after the alarm went off that’s a long time to not even get a call if someone was breaking in or attacking me especially when avantguard is usually calling within 20-30 seconds. I’m sorry I don’t mean to sound rude or angry but this is getting frustrating that the problem is going from bad to now no response at all. PLEASE WHAT CAN WE DO TO FIX THIS??? :sob::sob::sob: also I know you guys are trying so please understand I am not mad at you guys I am very upset with avantguard though when they used to be awesome and even kept myself and my neighbors in my old neighborhood safe during a shooting but this is crazy that their service has gotten this bad this quick. I’m beginning to wonder if I’m the only surety user they are doing this too.the operator did send a message for the main office at the CS to contact me for the complaint maybe they will finally listen if it’s coming from both y’all’s side and mine

So another update I decided to trip one more active alarm and again it took 2 minutes to call when usually they are within 30 seconds which is strange but at least in this second alarm they did call and did request a name and password before any information was given or the options to dispatch or disregard were given so maybe the first was operator training but still very frustrating that the response is so inconsistent and that worries me greatly. What if someone breaks in tonight and I get no help because they decide not to call. Again I’m sorry to keep dragging this on but it’s just so frustrating and I don’t understand but again I do appreciate your diligence in getting the issue resolved. I just wish their admin would figure out what the heck is going on. At this point I’m ok if we just totally wipe my monitoring account from the face of the planet and start from scratch if we have to. I just want my old surety and avantguard backkkkkk. Also I was unable to test the no disregard on abort this evening as I didn’t want to upset my neighbors. I will test that response tomorrow evening. And at least one bright side in the frustration is I work in IT in my local 911 PSAP so at least in the meantime if I get an alert from ADC but no call I can walk down the hall and have a telecommunicator dispatch it lol :joy: so at least there is one compromise haha

Our owners are looking into this and are contacting AvantGuard regarding your account.

I’m beginning to wonder if I’m the only surety user they are doing this too.

I was curious about this as well, however I did a short review of other accounts with the No Disregard per Abort rule, and none of their histories indicated similar problems. All calls show a pattern of verified passwords and occur regardless of aborts.

I’m sorry I don’t mean to sound rude or angry but this is getting frustrating that the problem is going from bad to now no response at all.

Don’t worry, I understand completely.

Would you be ok with disabling the Video Verification option, then testing again to see if the same occurs? Video Verification is the only event in history logged between the alarm and the abort in that 3 minute event so I am curious if we can establish or break a pattern here.