Coverage area

I have vivint go control panel would like to switch over but when I look at coverage area for cell all say no coverage to my area. (removed). I find that hard to believe. Could I get feedback on that for sure.

Are you looking at the coverage check tool here? Generally it is a good guide for determining which modules would be a good option for your area.

If you are seeing an odd result we would be happy to assist and look into it. To request this, please submit the related Address (street, city, zip) to our team via our secure message tool here. Customer service will send an email reply.

We got your secure message and looking at the general area it looks like the issue in this case is that the primary carriers may not have their own infrastructure in your area. The same response occurs for all zip codes around the stated area.

It appears Verizon uses a different local network’s towers. Coverage should be fine as long as cell service is accessible at your location, but because it is third party infrastructure it is not included in the official coverage response. The downside would be that there may be more limited troubleshooting capability on the back-end because the cell module would be roaming on another service.

So what should or could I do once my contract with the other company is over. Order the cell module for verizon? and go from there?

The Go!Control panel would still be using ADC for the back-end service I believe for the company you mentioned. What model of cell communicator is in the panel now? If you have solid signal with that the same carrier would be recommended. (unless it is a very old 2G T-mobile)

Can you post a photo of the cell module or the model number from the sticker? Or do you know the carrier of your current module?

My contact with the other company is over, so I will be posting a picture of the cell module and modle number from the sticker so I can figure out what module I would need if possible. Thanks

IMEI xxxxx cell module number and what looks like a SN 016960DB

Vivint-TMO 2GIG-GSM1

What do I need to get started with suretydiy? Vivint is cancelled

That would not be a useable module itself, but it confirms it was an old T-mobile 2G. T-mobile is not a current option for 2GIG panels.

You could try either module as it looks like both carriers contract through a third party for infrastructure in the area. This kit comes with a free first month of service and would have everything you need if you wanted to try AT&T.

Keep in mind that suretyDIY has a 30 day return policy on equipment. You can view return policy here.

So you are saying order the att one and try if it didn’t work I could send it back ?

Yes, as we have a 30 day return policy, that would be an option.