Convert from Moni with Simon XTi

Hi,

My contract just ended with Moni (was Monitronics) and I am considering switching to a DIY setup considering my Moni system was basically a DIY one after I finished correcting all of the installation problems. Before switching over, I do have some questions, so please forgive the lengthy post.

1. I am using a Simon XTi system and the cellular module is not unlocked according to Surety’s serial number check tool. Will Moni release it, or will I have to buy a new one?

2. I have the following components and want to make sure nothing will be lost, or otherwise affected.
    (4) Recessed door sensors
    (3) Glass break sensors
    (2) Motion detectors (no camera)
    (1) Flood/water sensor
    (2) Yale z-wave deadbolts
    (1) Z-wave thermostat
    (2) Lamp z-wave dimmers
    (1) Lamp z-wave switch (no dim)
    (1) Dual channel z-wave relay in a wall switch

All of these components are critical, especially the automation ones, because my wife and I are wheelchair users and use them to control the home from bed at night with phones (her iPhone and my Windows phone) and web based through a tablet.

3. How much time will it take to transition from the time Moni service ends to when Surety begins?

4. Other than the cellular module, what else will I need to do to insure a smooth, quick, transition?

5. Finally, I assume I need the Gold Interactive Plan. Is that correct, or can I get by with the basic?

I am using a Simon XTi system and the cellular module is not unlocked according to Surety’s serial number check tool. Will Moni release it, or will I have to buy a new one?

We’re happy to help! However for this one we could not speak for the policies of another dealer. You will need to contact your current provider to determine whether it can be unregistered.

Keep in mind it will need to be 3G or better. This guide contains info on how to tell if your module is 3G or later.

I have the following components and want to make sure nothing will be lost, or otherwise affected.

Local device programming is not affected by connecting to service. You would have a new Alarm.com account, so rules and device names will need to be recreated in Alarm.com, but this doesn’t affect what is programmed into your panel. Your devices will automatically populate in your new account.

How much time will it take to transition from the time Moni service ends to when Surety begins?

Service is ordered on our website, and service orders are processed by our team during business hours Monday-Friday. If you are only purchasing service, without equipment, orders are typically processed quickly the same day.

Once your service order is processed you’ll receive a Welcome email with instructions on connecting your panel, along with your initial login credentials for Alarm.com. When you receive the email your account is ready to go whenever you are ready to connect. You can perform the connection step at any time after.

Note the module must be unregistered for the order to be processed as a module ID can only be associated to one Alarm.com account at a time.

Other than the cellular module, what else will I need to do to insure a smooth, quick, transition?

It would be good to know which Alarm.com automation rules you need so you can quickly recreate them after your equipment populates in your new account after you connect your panel.

Finally, I assume I need the Gold Interactive Plan. Is that correct, or can I get by with the basic?

Yes, Gold Interactive would be needed for remote Z-wave automation and control through Alarm.com.