Console Panel has no battery alert

After upgrading my GC3 and my two SP1 to v 3.2.06581 last week.

The Foyer GC3 sends me an alert stating “Console: Panel has no battery”

I have not seen this alert before can you provide a fix. It has happen 3 or 4 times since the upgrade.

The panel is currently reporting a low battery trouble condition on Alarm.com. One thing to try if you do not believe the battery to be low is to power down the system, unplug transformer first, then internal battery, wait two full minutes, then plug in the battery, followed by the transformer. Does that alert return?

So far it seems to have cleared.

I have 4 batteries and related transformers in my system:
2xTAKE-345 System with a 12/24 VDC Power supply board and 12 Volt 9Ah battery which is only 8 months old.
GC3 Panel battery less then year old
2xSP1 Panel battery less then year old

I only powered down the TAKE-345 system and the GC3 Panel not the SP1 panels.

Question: When I get an alert stating “Console: Panel has no battery” under version 3.2 are they referring to a specific battery?

Question: When I get an alert stating “Console: Panel has no battery” under version 3.2 are they referring to a specific battery?

Yes, this would be referring to the Main GC3 panel. If the battery is low for an individual sensor or secondary panel, the trouble alert should specify the name.

Hi, I am getting the same message as John. Now that I know that it’s the GC3 panel, what do I do?
It says there is no battery, but when I pull the AC it stays on so I know there is a battery and that it works and it comes back and I have to reset the unit. Even after resetting the unit, the same error pops up a few hours later: “Console: Panel has no battery”. Any ideas how to fix this? Thanks!

Hi, I am getting the same message as John. Now that I know that it’s the GC3 panel, what do I do?

I’m not seeing a related suretyDIY subscription so I wouldn’t be able to help confirming any error messages on the back-end. In your case if you fully power cycle the panel and you see the same report come back, you may have an actual battery issue.

What firmware version do you have on your panel? Did you also update to 3.2?

Also, it would be good to try running the panel on battery power for an extended period to drain, then plug the transformer back in to let the battery charge.