Connection issues with IQ Panel 4

Hello, I just installed an IQ Panel 4 (VZW version) and seeing a few questionable things with the connection.

1. The wifi is connected, but on the home page it says there is no internet connection available. The Wifi and Dual path tests say everything is fine. I don’t know of any reason the router would block internet access for this device (IP address is issued via DHCP). I don’t know how to test that the device can actually reach the internet on wifi since the cellular is connected.

1. The signal strength in the cellular test is only 3/5 bars ~-108dBm. However, on my previous IQ v1 panel, it said I had 6 bars. On the status page in the advanced settings though, it says I have 5 bars -89dBm :person_shrugging:. I’m not too concerned about the number of bars reported but rather that the panel can function as expected when needed.

Your panel is responding immediately to both cellular and broadband pings, so your panel is connected to the internet. Did you do any specific troubleshooting?

Your cellular signal is reporting 4 bars at the moment, anything 2 or more is fine.

I’m not seeing any communication issues at the moment.

ok, thanks! So just to clarify - you are able to determine that the wifi connection is reaching the internet?

I can tell that the panel is reaching the internet, but not sure how to determine if it is doing so over wifi.

Yes when I say broadband pings, I mean broadband specifically. Your panel is responding to pings sent via internet, which the panel connects to via your local wifi.

The cellular connection is separate, also working normally and responding to pings.

1 Like

Thanks, here are some more screenshots showing the wifi connection discrepancies.

I can confirm your IQ Panel 4 responds via broadband. You do have a broadband dual path failure trouble alert in history, but that resolved shortly before 7am.

You might try rebooting the panel then run a Dual Path Test. Any change in what the panel displays?

You do have a broadband dual path failure trouble alert in history, but that resolved shortly before 7am.
You might try rebooting the panel then run a Dual Path Test. Any change in what the panel displays?

There was a power outage at that time so the dual path failure makes sense.

I tried rebooting and re-running the wifi and dual path tests, but no change in the display. I guess I will just trust that it’s working as expected, but it’s a little frustrating I can’t figure out why it’s happening since this doesn’t seem to be a common/reported issue.

What does the wi-fi radio icon show in the Settings Tray?

If you navigate to Settings > Advanced Settings > System Tests > Dual-Path Test, what is the result?

That is certainly strange. Im going to send this information to Qolsys to see if they have any thoughts about it.

Have you power cycled the panel? To do so:

• Settings > Advanced Settings > Power Down.
  • Once off, unplug the power supply from the wall
  • Open the panel and disconnect the internal battery.
  • Leave it off for 2 minutes, then plug in the battery followed by power supple
  • Wait about 5 minutes after boot up then test

Any change?

If not, the next thing I would do would be to disable Wi-Fi on the unit, forget the network then reconnect. To do so, navigate to:

• Settings > Advanced Settings > Wi-Fi
  • Click on the network that it is currently connected to and select Forget
  • Next, disbale Wi-Fi by clicking on the option in the top right corner of the Wi-Fi page screen
  • Wait about 5 minutes, then reactivate Wi-Fi and reconnect to the network.

Any Change?

Thanks Tyler, power cycling the panel seems to have resolved this! Specifically, powering off and back on did not work - I had to completely disconnect the power including the battery as you suggested. Thanks again.