Connecting IQ2 to panel

Hello,

I was able to find an IQ2 panel online and went thru the connection directions but when I press arm, it says “couldn’t connect to primary.” The IQ2 uses software 1.5 and the main panel uses 1.6, is there an update to the IQ2? If so, how do I update?

Thanks

The most recent firmware is version 1.6.2 for the main panel and for the IQ2. The IQ2 secondary touchscreen will need to be on the same firmware as the main panel.

You can download with patch tag systest162. See instructions below:

1- Touch “Settings”

2- Enter a valid installer code (default is 1111)

3- Touch “Installation”

4- Touch “Upgrade Software”

5 -Touch “Patch Tag” and enter the patch systest162 then touch Done, then OK

6- Touch “Upgrade Using Network” (panel must be connected to Wi-Fi) Update will download and install

7- Once complete touch “OK” to reboot the panel. DO NOT TOUCH THE SCREEN ON THE IQ PANEL OR IQ2(s). The update process will take approximately 5 minutes. After the panel reboots the home screen will appear and the buttons will turn green. If IQ2‘s are paired with the panel they will automatically update within 10 minutes of the IQ Panel update. DO NOT TOUCH THE IQ2(s) DURING THIS TIME. Do not power down or use the panel during this time.

Hi Tyler,

The main panel didn’t reboot so I did it manually. The IQ2 downloaded the update and it appears to be working, albeit with a little lag when you press the buttons. Also, the weather button isn’t working, not sure if this function is only available on the main panel. Thanks for your help.