Confused?

I am buying a home and the current homeowner has your services. He has a 2GIG-b 3.42 control panel. I ahve signed up for your $24.95 monthly service. He has shown me how he uses the alarm.com app from his iPhone to unlock the front door. There is no key for the front door. What do I need to do to allow my iPhone and my wife’s phone to unlock the front door and use all the features of this system? What do I need to do to get this working.

Happy to help!

I’ve looked into this question, and it appears our customer service received an order for service at a location where the original owner has not yet canceled service. Due to this, we’ll need to reach out to the current user for verification.

Accounts cannot be transferred between owners for data security, but as a month to month service, suretyDIY can be canceled at any time.

Once the existing user has confirmed cancellation, your order can be processed with the existing communication module on the system. A communication module can only be associated with one account at a time.

Now - getting down to the following:

There is no key for the front door. What do I need to do to allow my iPhone and my wife’s phone to unlock the front door and use all the features of this system? What do I need to do to get this working.

Did the owner not provide a key? Or are you saying the deadbolt has no keyway? There are Z-wave deadbolt models that do not have a keyway.

In order to access the system and use Alarm.com features you would need to have an active Alarm.com account connected to the alarm panel at your location.

You would then download and use the Alarm.com App and/or use the website to control the lock.

suretyDIY is a DIY Alarm.com and monitoring service for self-installed alarm systems. All system components and programming are determined by the user. General info on how our service works can be found here.

You should receive an email from our customer service team shortly regarding the order.